How can I use split payment accounts in QuickPay?

Options
I have always been able to use two of our checking accounts to pay a credit card bill. No longer with QuickPay. This entire transition has been difficult and frustrating.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you referring to QuickPay with Chase and/or Bank of America?  If so, you should note that since they have changed their connection method to EWC+ they are no longer able to support QuickPay.  You can use Quicken's CheckPay, instead, if you wish.
    Alternatively, you can log into your online credit card account and set up payment there to automatically debit one of your checking accounts.  (You can probably set up payments to be transferred from two different checking accounts but not at the same time.  The second one likely cannot be scheduled until after the 1st one has been completed.)
    If this is not what your post is about, please provide more detail about what exactly you are wanting to accomplish.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• K22K
    K22K Member ✭✭
    Options
    Appreciate the insight. Whole mess seems to render useless for me at least the old Online Center. So easy to manage split payments from there. Alas...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it is frustrating to lose such a valuable feature as DC Bank Bill Pay.  I have enjoyed that for more than 20 years with my banks.  EWC+ is Quicken's response to a new standardized connection protocol called FDX that was developed by and is being pushed by a consortium made up of many financial institutions (FIs).  Those FIs that cut-in EWC+ are eliminating support for DC and EWC and Quicken is required to comply or they will need to tell their customers that that they can no longer download anything from them.
    I think EWC+ cut-in on Quicken started with Schwab last November followed by PayPal, Capital One, Chase and now BOA.  It is my understanding that there are at least 10-12 more to follow in the not too distant future.  I think at least one of my banks will also be transitioning to EWC+ rather soon and I am not looking forward to it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.