New credit card number being redirected to wrong credit card account

Options
I'm a basic user of Quicken. My credit cards got stolen and I got new credit card numbers. The One Step Update is redirecting the transactions from the new credit card account to the wrong Quicken account. I can't figure out how to fix that. Can I just open up a new account under the new number and redirect the downloads to it?

Answers

• busterbutler
    Options
    Per the above, do I need to deactivate the old credit card account before Chase can download to the new account?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Per the above, do I need to deactivate the old credit card account before Chase can download to the new account?

Yes, you should.  You have the option to either "add" a new account for the replacement card or "link" to the existing account if you would to keep all of the information together.
    Linking is the common choice by most users so that their information with the CC company for that account (regardless of # on the card) is all together.
    After deactivation, go thru the process of creating a new account and when offered the choice, either use "add" or change it to "link".

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.