Comenity Bank AAA Visa Card

Options
Joseph
Joseph Member ✭✭
When will the Comenity Bank AAA Visa card be supported as a connected account? I see a list of other Comenity Bank cards but not the AAA Visa card.

Comments

• grwkak
    grwkak Member ✭✭
    Options
    Did you try the generic Comenity Bank Credit Card listing. Doing the same thing here but not yet able to connect. Unsure if that's because the transition is still ongoing.
  • lingojf
    lingojf Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried both generic Comenity Credit Card and Comenity Direct - Banking (Now Bread Savings) without success.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lingojf said:
    I tried both generic Comenity Credit Card and Comenity Direct - Banking (Now Bread Savings) without success.
    Hello @lingojf

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for talking to us about this issue here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what happens, exactly, when you try to link your accounts to online banking services? Are you seeing any error messages? Also, what connection method do you use when trying to connect your accounts (you can check this by clicking on the Advanced Options menu item in the right-hand panel when trying to add an account in the Add Account window)?

I look forward to hearing your responses, and I hope to help with this more in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is your card also called the AAA Preferred Rewards card? If so, try that as the financial institution name.
    In some cases, it may also be possible to set up the card account "thru the backdoor": download from the card's website a Quicken-compatible (QFX) file containing a statement's worth of transactions, import that into Quicken and let it create the account register.
  • lingojf
    lingojf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jared: I'm not adding an account. I am attempting to change the existing account from the Bank of America financial institution to the Comenity Capital Bank institution. I get the error message: "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" when using menu sequence Tools/Account List/Edit/Online Services/Set Up Now. I do not see Advanced Options

UKR: Not AAA Preferred Rewards; it's AAA Travel Advantage Visa Signature Credit Card. I'm not interested in adopting a manual process for what has worked automatically for me for years.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    lingojf said:
    Quicken Jared: I'm not adding an account. I am attempting to change the existing account from the Bank of America financial institution to the Comenity Capital Bank institution. I get the error message: "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" when using menu sequence Tools/Account List/Edit/Online Services/Set Up Now. I do not see Advanced Options

UKR: Not AAA Preferred Rewards; it's AAA Travel Advantage Visa Signature Credit Card. I'm not interested in adopting a manual process for what has worked automatically for me for years.
    Hello @lingojf,   

Thank you for getting back to us with additional information about this and for continuing to work with us on this issue here on the Quicken Community. I am sorry that these problems remain ongoing.

How long has this error been occurring? If this has been ongoing for more than 24 hours, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support by making use of the link provided here. They will be able to troubleshoot and diagnose this matter to a greater extent with the tools and resources available to them, and they will also need to document this further.

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lingojf
    lingojf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jared: This problem has been going on for less than 24 hours, so I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
  • stovermw
    stovermw Member
    Options
    I'm also experiencing a download and/or sync problem with the AAA Travel Advantage Visa through Comenity Capital Bank. I have the latest version of the Quicken Windows subscription product. I would appreciate any suggestions.
  • herbertsont
    Options
    I am having a similar problem, in this case adding the AAA Travel Advantage Visa Signature by Comenity, that just today, October 9, replaced the former Bank of America Auto Club Visa Signature. The new card does not, as others have posted, appear in the list of banks in the Add Credit Card Account window. Perhaps it is just a matter of a short time before you add it? The other Comenity entries in the list use different web sites. This card's site can be reached by either https://comenity.net/advantage or AAA.com/Advantage. I have been able to add it only as a manual account in Quicken Mac 6.9.0 with the bank list updated today.
  • joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR, I have been trying to connect using AAA Preferred Rewards as the bank choice in online setup. It is the ONLY choice there that is connected to Comenity Bank. AAA travel rewards is NOT there. When I do a web search for AAA Preferred Rewards it takes me to my Comenity account sign in page. I think that AAA Preferred Rewards & AAA Travel are two names for the same account. I am getting the same error that previous posts have mentioned.
  • joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    ALSO; I will wait until later today, call Comenity and find out what the correct connection choice is. When I registered for an online account yesterday, I saw a message stating that the service wouldn't be completed until today, Mon Oct 10. However, my Cash Back rewards and all my transactions were already there so perhaps it is the Quicken connection they were rereferring to.
  • George-Eagle
    George-Eagle Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also unable to Add AAA Comenity Credit Card.
  • rvoli1
    rvoli1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue. There are a ton of Comenity Bank issued cards in the dropdown list from a lot of retailers. But the only AAA card is the AAA Preferred Rewards and when I try to set that one up, I get the same error.
  • lingojf
    lingojf Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to get through to Quicken Support this morning (10/10/2022). They took me through several steps using screen sharing but were unable to resolve. Ended up using Help/Report A Problem... to register this issue with them. Quicken Support suggested Comenity needs to take action to resolve. They also suggested trying to link again in a couple days using the AAA Preferred Rewards option.
  • smutschler
    smutschler Member ✭✭
    Options
    Confirming the same as others; the conversion from BofA to Comenity does not yet seem to be complete so far as Quicken is concerned. By the way, the Comenity site (for the AAA card) has a Help FAQ topic titled "Third Party Money Management". There you can find: "How do I add my AAA Visa Signature credit card account to Quicken?" Unfortunately, the answer is nonsensical. Final step is: "3. When prompted to enter your bank name, enter the name of your AAA Visa Signature® credit card account." Say what?
  • Quicken Jared
    Options

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• lcasso
    lcasso Member ✭✭
    Options
    AAA Bank of America Visa credit card just switched to Comenity Bank, as of 10/9/22. Quicken is not directing me to the correct website to download transactions for the new
    Comenity AAA visa signature card.
    When searching for a cc company to download transactions from, seems like "AAA Preferred Rewards"is the proper (only!) choice, but it directs to comenity.com, and results in an error message.
    The proper address to access the account is "AAA.com/Advantage".
    Anyone have any tips for solving this problem?
  • lingojf
    lingojf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Everyone, please keep using Help/Report A Problem... in hopes of raising the priority of this issue. Thanks!
  • DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Will do! I might add that this is "critical" for me, and I assume others who have posted also. I've had a credit card with Bank Of America thru AAA for 43 years!

It's like Quicken was not made aware of this change.

FYI, the new bank's name as shown on the back of the card is: "Comenity Capital Bank". (So far, their customer service has not impressed me, to say the least.)

My account is a "AAA Travel Advantage Visa Signature Credit Card:

I hope this info helps.
  • Rick7
    Rick7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue, Comenity and AAA Visa... can't connect with Quicken.
  • Rajeev
    Rajeev Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello - my AAA credit card that was serviced by Bank of America just got sold to Comenity bank. Comenity Bank's website says that it provides the option to download to Quicken, however, I don't see the option to connect to this bank / card combination in Quicken. Can you help?
  • rvoli1
    rvoli1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Received this response from Comenity Bank this morning. I did try it and it still doesn't work the "AAA Travel Advantage Visa Signature card is not an option in Quicken. The response is below:

Thank you for inquiring about downloading transaction information into
    Quicken for your account.

We're happy to help! It can be done directly in quicken and it's quick
    and easy!

Here are the details:

Simply go directly into your Quicken software and follow these easy
    steps:

First, select 'Add New Account' on the Quicken software and enter AAA
    Travel Advantage Visa Signature in the field for the bank name.
    Next, you will be prompted to enter your AAA Travel Advantage Visa
    Signature credit card account login information.
    After this, the program will then allow you to download transactions.
    This is only available when entering a new account. If you change the
    bank name on an existing account, the Quicken software will not
    recognize the bank.

We hope this information helps you register your AAA Travel Advantage
    Visa Signature credit card account in Quicken.
  • rpixley
    rpixley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried also. Did anyone at Comenity Bank try to do this first before giving out such advice? This says a lot about the kind of service to be expected.
  • james_cramer_1
    Options
    If this issue is not resolved, Quicken is useless to me!
  • joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Typing in AAA Travel Advantage Visa Signature for the bank name returns "NO Results Found" and then you can't move on. It's Flat out wrong.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems the "AAA Travel Advantage" card and the "AAA Preferred Rewards" card both have the same homepage website URL...both are AAA Visa Signature cards.  At least that is what I found when doing searches for both of them. 
    Have you tried using the setup link for "AAA Preferred Rewards" to see if that might get your card connected?:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• rpixley
    rpixley Member ✭✭
    Options
    That was the "vetted" advise given by Comenity Bank to rvoli1. They are free to post a correction here if they chose to do so.
  • mwilliams
    mwilliams Member
    Options
    I typically add my transaction manually by downloading a qfx file. This option is not available from the Comenity AAA Travel Advantage Visa, only Excel and OFE files are available, neither of which work with Quicken. This is most likely why the automatic updates are also not working. Comenity needs to add this file type for transaction downloads to fix this issue. I also have had this AAA card for 20+ years, and have no interest in setting up a "new" account. We need to be able to update the existing Quicken account. For tax reasons I need to have records of previous transactions.
  • hbondy
    hbondy Member
    Options
    Yes. I have this problem, too. And I found exactly what you show above, HOWEVER, it fails to find the account and reports an error when trying to link. It does ask for the proper credentials before it fails.
  • hbondy
    hbondy Member
    Options
    FWIW, I believe the correct url might be comenity.net/advantage. That is where I go to sign in to the site directly. I am guessing the AAA Preferred Rewards link above goes there
This discussion has been closed.