This is just about Cloud. Windows, R43.14 How to turn off Sync?

Options
massachusetts234
massachusetts234 Member ✭✭
Hello, I've searched everywhere in discussions and website and can't find a straight answer. The discussions stray in other directions and don't answer.
Since new version R43.14 downloaded. Since then, at sign on to my account Quicken automatically Syncs to Cloud. But I never asked for this. And this is the first I'm hearing about it. I've never had Auto sync to Cloud in previous versions.
I've looked through many options in the menus. Nothing helps.
Anyone know?
Thanks!
Massachusetts234Longtime Quicken user. Use only for Reports of totals of categories/expenses to enter in tax return purposes only. No other services.Windows 10 - PC only. (no mobile or app use)

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, I've searched everywhere in discussions and website and can't find a straight answer. The discussions stray in other directions and don't answer.
    Since new version R43.14 downloaded. Since then, at sign on to my account Quicken automatically Syncs to Cloud. But I never asked for this. And this is the first I'm hearing about it. I've never had Auto sync to Cloud in previous versions.
    I've looked through many options in the menus. Nothing helps.
    Anyone know?
    Thanks!
    Hello @massachusetts234,      

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty with the syncing feature. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Do you want to turn off the Cloud Sync? If so, first, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to Edit > Preferences then go to the Mobile & Web tab. Make sure that the slider appearing in the right-hand panel of this window is set to the OFF position. 

Let us know how that works! 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Everyone who is using Quicken since at least 2016/2017 has a Quicken Cloud Account and Quicken will sync with it, regardless of whether or not the Preference for Mobile & Web Sync is turned on. For those who do not have Mobile & Web Sync turned on, the Cloud Account is mainly used for confirming that the installed software has a valid license, to tell the installed software which edition and version of Quicken you have or were subscribed to (all editions use the same software but just with different features and functions turned off or on), telling your installation when there is a version update available, telling Quicken the status of your subscription, for saving your EWC setup login information and for perhaps a few other things that are slipping my mind at present. 
    Mobile & Web Sync is different from this as it will upload/download and save financial data for use with the Mobile and Web features.  As long as Mobile & Web Sync is turned off the much broader Mobile & Web Sync function does not occur. 
    But our Quicken installations will still sync with our Cloud Account for all of the other things mentioned earlier.  There is no way to turn that sync off.  However, if you wish to stop the sync from occurring you can disconnect from the Internet and only use Quicken offline.  It will not delete the Cloud Account but it will stop your installation from communicating with the Cloud Account.  But, then, you will not be able to take advantage of any online features, such as downloading transactions, downloading security information and prices, etc.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.