Bank of America transfer between accounts feature - gone -

Options
With the new process of of sending money to bill payers I am not seeing an easy option to transfer money between checking and saving and visa versa?? I can do it online but the whole idea of Quicken is one place to manage your accounts. Not liking the new bill pay process. Hopefully the developers can simplify the process. If not I will jump ship after nearly 30 years and find a better app.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With Direct Connect gone, so is any ability to send instructions to the financial institution for bill pay/transfers.

You will need to enter the transfer into Quicken when you make the transfer on the Bank of America website, and match the downloaded transactions when they clear the bank.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As mentioned, the new bank mandated EWC+ protocol doesn't support ANY uploading of transactional instructions -
    - no bill payments & no transfers between accounts.
    This will be ongoing and true for all banks and brokerages migrating from their current Direct Connect to EWC+

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• hoebe1
    hoebe1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got it. With my experience of taking more than 3 week for Check Pay as well its time to start looking at another way to manage my day to day finances. Thank for the responses.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    With Direct Connect gone, so is any ability to send instructions to the financial institution for bill pay/transfers.

You will need to enter the transfer into Quicken when you make the transfer on the Bank of America website, and match the downloaded transactions when they clear the bank.
    Did you guys miss the 2nd sentence (highlighted above) in @Chris_QPW 's response?
    In other words: You can still do transfers at BofA and you can still do Bill Pay, but you need to do so from the BofA website. You just can't do it from within Quicken any longer.
    The picture is bleak, but it isn't totally black. That's what the bank calls "progress".

• hoebe1
    hoebe1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The response I rec’d from the president’s office ‘ I do apologize for the inconvenience the discontinuation of Direct Connect for certain financial institutions has caused you. Unfortunately, this was not a change that Quicken initiated, and is at the bank's discretion, which is why we are still supporting financial institutions that choose to keep Direct Connect. I wish there was more we could do but unfortunately, it is the financial institutions who make decisions regarding Direct Connect.

I hope this information is useful for you. ‘

If you have any further questions or concerns that you would like to address, please contact us by phone at 650-250-1900 or through our website at http://quicken.com/contact-support.
This discussion has been closed.