R44.25 - One Step Update download works, but [Downloaded Transactions] does not

Questar12
Questar12 Member ✭✭
Yesterday I installed Update 44.25. Today I tried to download transactions from my bank and other financial institutions and I get nothing. When I click on "download transactions" nothing happens. Help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Questar12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Louwest
    Louwest Member
    I now have to use the online center tool to update transactions in any account. It seems to work okay from there.
    The register screen shows that the downloads are "done" as soon as I open the screen.
    My version is Deluxe. I'm a longtime user
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Louwest said:
    I now have to use the online center tool to update transactions in any account. It seems to work okay from there.
    The register screen shows that the downloads are "done" as soon as I open the screen.
    My version is Deluxe. I'm a longtime user
    Hello @Louwest,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with unresponsive buttons in the program. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, I want to make sure I understand: are you clicking on the One Step Update button, denoted by the 'circular arrow' icon, only to find that the download is finishing with no new transactions downloaded? Is it the case that nothing happens? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Questar12
    Questar12 Member ✭✭
    I followed the above sign out and then sign in steps. Tried to download from different financial accounts/banks and still have the issue. I seem to be able to update from one step update, but not from the open account. Any other ideas?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Questar12 said:  I seem to be able to update from one step update, but not from the open account.
    just to clarify - you are saying that the One Step Update does in fact download transactions,
    BUT - when looking at each specific Quicken Account and clicking the manual Download Transactions - it doesn't work ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Questar12
    Questar12 Member ✭✭
    To Ps56k2 - That is correct. I can update from One Step Update for most of my accounts but when I go to a specific Quicken Account and click the manual Download Transactions nothing happens.
  • Quicken needs better support to address issues, can't find answers.
  • prosete
    prosete Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Only way I can download FI transactions now is using One Step. I can no longer download a specific FI's acct transactions. I don't even see the tab that used to allow this single FI transactions under the 'Downloaded Transactions' tab at the bottom of the FI register. WHat happened?
  • RJ Perera
    RJ Perera Member
    So annoying. Exactly the same problem. After most recent update, the "Download Transactions" option within individual accounts does nothing when the link is clicked on.

The "One Step Update" (which I never used) does work and download latest transactions from the accounts selected.

But yet again, you break something with an update. So so so quicken like. Idiots.
  • chuckman4112
    chuckman4112 Member ✭✭
    Same here. Took update R44.27 Build 27.1.44.27 this morning and now when I select "Download Transactions" nothing happens. I have to go to "Tools", "One Step Update" to transmit/receive any transactions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    RJ Perera said:
    So annoying. Exactly the same problem. After most recent update, the "Download Transactions" option within individual accounts does nothing when the link is clicked on.

The "One Step Update" (which I never used) does work and download latest transactions from the accounts selected.

But yet again, you break something with an update. So so so quicken like. Idiots.
    Part of the confusion in this thread is that the menu item to download transaction in a given account isn't called "Download Transactions".  It is called "Update now".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • chuckman4112
    chuckman4112 Member ✭✭
    We are talking about the button at the bottom of a given account.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    > @chuckman4112 said:
    > We are talking about the button at the bottom of a given account.

For me that never did actually download transaction but only showed what transactions have been downloaded if you have don't have them go directly to the register (manually accept transactions).
  • chuckman4112
    chuckman4112 Member ✭✭
    Just saying I have been using this software since 2000 and I always clicked that to send and receive transactions. Took the latest update and now it no longer works. Since that was the only way I ever did it, it took me over 30 minutes of rebooting and searching to find the alternative way. It's BS.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    chuckman4112 said:   We are talking about the button at the bottom of a given account.
    That's a TITLE menu click for the already downloaded transactions to expand and "appear/display" - NOT download.
    I don't see how that could ever have initiated a download, as it was merely a flip of the ">" menu display icon,
    and even the syntax indicates the past tense ... "Downloaded" and not present action as in "Download".

As noted above by @Chris_QPW, the actual command to initiate a Register based download is the - Update Now -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Lee28
    Lee28 Member ✭✭
    I completely agree with chuckman4112. I have also been using Quicken since 2000 and find this change not to work properly. Maybe I will have to completely delete my password file and try something else. I still have not been able to get account info for checking or credit cards except to go outside of Quicken and get the information which I usually have to type it into Quicken. I tried the set download to a time and it partly worked but also came back with errors.
  • chuckman4112
    chuckman4112 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > That's a TITLE menu click for the already downloaded transactions to expand and "appear/display" - NOT download.
    > I don't see how that could ever have initiated a download, as it was merely a flip of the ">" menu display icon,
    > and even the syntax indicates the past tense ... "Downloaded" and not present action as in "Download".
    >
    >
    > As noted above by @Chris_QPW, the actual command to initiate a Register based download is the - Update Now -

So me and the others here complaining about the loss of this function just thought we were updating for 20+ years but in reality we were only seeing what was already downloaded. Please do not insult our intelligence. You would click that, a dialog box would come up and ask for password, then next dialog box would ask if you want to update now.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    This is what I see - running R43.26 - after clicking the ">" or the [Downloaded Transactions]
    I can then see and click the [Update Transactions] .... 
    This was never mentioned or displayed with previous postings...
    SO - Guess you are saying that display is no longer happening with the R44.xx release.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• chuckman4112
    chuckman4112 Member ✭✭
    Correct
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, I haven't used the Downloaded Transactions tab in years (I was using automatic transaction entry mode), so I didn't even think about the Update Transactions under the Downloaded Transactions tab.  Not that I even used that button when wasn't using automatic transaction entry mode.

Bottom line is that what might have been obvious to you stating "Update Transactions" wasn't to others and that is why people asked for more details on what exactly you were doing.
    Signature:
  • evaanna
    evaanna Member
    Yes, clicking Downloaded Transactions, at the bottom of the register, used to present choices to Update or Pay Bills. Used it lo these many years, for both Update and paying bills online through my bank, rather than through Quicken billpay. now it's a dud. Now have to download transactions using Update, and can only pay bills online from my bank using "write checks", both under the gear dropdown in upper right corner. Very annoying. This is Windows subscription, R44.27.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Hey folks I just figured out what change!

"Update Transactions" button is gone but updating from the Downloaded Transactions tab hasn't!

Select this button:

UPDATE:  At least that worked to start an update from my one remaining Direct Connect account (I haven't setup accounts with Express Web Connect +, and don't really use Quicken any more).

evaanna said:
    Yes, clicking Downloaded Transactions, at the bottom of the register, used to present choices to Update or Pay Bills. Used it lo these many years, for both Update and paying bills online through my bank, rather than through Quicken billpay. now it's a dud. Now have to download transactions using Update, and can only pay bills online from my bank using "write checks", both under the gear dropdown in upper right corner. Very annoying. This is Windows subscription, R44.27.
    If this feature was tied to the "pay bills" then I can certainly see it going away when Direct Connect was dropped.
    Signature:
  • chuckman4112
    chuckman4112 Member ✭✭
    Yes, that worked. Thanks for the pic Chris.

It's a damn shame that we even have to have this discussion. They either jacked something up in the update, or they removed a function that has been there for over 22 years without any notice. Either way not cool.
  • Not only with Quicken but with many software programs, the creators tinker with the interface when updating the program. This is one of my pet peeves. If they change an icon to a different icon, move the functionality, or worst of all, create a light grey on white mashed potato graphic, for the love of all that is holy, INFORM the users of the change and do not make them go on an Easter Egg hunt. Quicken has been fast to splatter "what's new" balloons all over my new R44.28 release, but sorely remiss on drawing attention to "what's changed, relocated, hidden, or now camouflaged". Strongly suggest that Intuit hire an HCI (Human Computer Interface) designer to clean up what is presented to the customer and get the new release interfaces functioning smoothly, for new and existing customers alike.
This discussion has been closed.