Why have all the numerical identifiers in data downloaded from Chase been changed to X's?

Options
John Campbell
John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
Sometime after 8/24/2022, I noticed that all the numeric identifiers such as store numbers, phone numbers, etc in downloaded payees had been replaced with X's.  For example, QT 400, now shows as QT Xxx or Frys-food #124 is now Frys-food Xxxx.  Is this a problem with Quicken or the data it is receiving from Chase?  I'm all for security, but this is overkill.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can turn on the Downloaded Payee field in the register to see what came from the financial institution.
    One would have to assume that Chase decided on such a change.  Given that Express Web Connect + has a set protocol for communicating between Intuit and Chase there is absolutely no reason that Intuit’s servers would do anything other than store and pass on the same information.  In other words, with Express Web Connect there was some possibility for Intuit to get the data in way where it might have to guess what field say on a web page to get and therefore that might be incorrect data, but this really isn’t possible with Express Web Connect +.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion  I tried that and Downloaded Payee information was also full of Xxxx's.  I contacted Chase tech support and they said that they had not heard of this and that it must be some type of software glitch (with me or Quicken) and that I should reach out to Quicken.  I agree that the problem lies with Chase as I'm not having this issue with any other financial institutions.  I wish that the Chase would have taken an interest in the problem, Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.