Quicken primier [investment portfolio question]

Options
marrdrm1971
marrdrm1971 Member ✭✭
My investment page is showing a stock with a market value but it doesn't show an account. So I can't correct the transaction. It's actually a duplicate of another account. The symbol isn't used anymore and I have hidden it but it still shows up on investment page. can't delete the symbol but can't find a transaction?

Answers

• marrdrm1971
    marrdrm1971 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can't delete the security because I can't find the transaction because quicken doesn't show an account. So if I click on the stock on the investment page it shows xx shares but the account section is blank???
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @marrdrm1971 - have you tried running validate and rapair the file? if you look under security view, can see the account there? 
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By "my investment page" are you referring to the Portfolio view, the page that comes up when you click Investing > Portfolio?  If so, that page shows the Account each security is lodged in when you set "Group by" to Accounts, so I'll assume that's what you're seeing.
    With those settings the only way I know of to see some security showing up but no associated Account is if the security is on the Watch List or, by mistake, has been identified as an "Index."  Any chance that's what you're seeing?
    You do say the stock has a "market value" and is a "duplicate" of some transaction (presumably) for that stock that legitimately exists in an Account, so is this stock showing all the related information on that page - Market Value, Cost Basis, Gain/Loss, etc. - of a legitimate holding, but sitting isolated on that page without any Account indicated?  That would seem to be impossible, legitimately, but might reflect some corruption of the file's data, or the Quicken install I suppose. 
    Can you post a picture of what you're seeing since I'm doing a lot of guessing here.
This discussion has been closed.