Discover download missing monthly activity - and can't use QFX download anymore

Options
Bails
Bails Member ✭✭
I am missing my Discover transactions from March 10 to April 22. I used to be able to go to Discover and simply download those transactions. Now, Quicken has messed me up because it does not allow me to download those transactions. It automatically downloads current transactions. Is there a way to get those transactions or do I have to enter them all by hand because Quicken messed me up?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is not Quicken that "messed" you up.  Discover did that because Discover discontinued support for the Web Connect connection method (i.e., manually downloading transactions in QFX or "Quicken" format and then importing that file into Quicken). 
    There are now two ways you can get those missing transactions into your Discover account in Quicken:
    1. You can, as you suggested, manually enter them.
    2. You can download from your online Discover account in CSV, Excel, QIF or OFX format.  Then download and install a freeware converter program called ImportQIF from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  This program can be used to convert the downloaded data file into something that Quicken can then import.  It is a program that was developed by a longtime Quicken user (still very active in this Community).  I personally have not used it but others posting in this Community forum have said it works well.
    I hope this helps you.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since the changeover to EWC for Discover, they only support manual downloads of CSV and Excel, so you will need to convert them to QIF if you want to import them.  The other choice is manual entry.

Quicken remembers the FITID of every transaction downloaded to an account whether you accept them or not.  So, if you didn't accept them when first presented, then you can't get them by doing a subsequent download since Q will see them as duplicates.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Charlie R
    Charlie R Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just talk to quicken and was told, "they are working with Discover on it and will e-mail me when they have a fix".
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlie R said:
    Just talk to quicken and was told, "they are working with Discover on it and will e-mail me when they have a fix".
    Be sure and let us know if you ever get that email and not one from this forum stating that someone posted against a thread.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.