File corrupted itself in the middle of the night?

Options
Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
I used QWin yesterday with no problems. Shut down my PC last night at bedtime (with QWin closed, of course).
This morning, I found my data file could not be opened, validated, or super-validated. Somehow it had become toast. In all my years of Quickening, I'd never before seen this error.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have never seen that message before either, but when corruption happens we never know that it happens until after we open the data file and access the part of the data file that is corrupted.  So, it didn’t have to happen in the middle of the night, it could very well be that it happened as it was writing out the data file the night before.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    That happened to me with that message a few updates ago. I had forgotten to turn off OneDrive and when I launched Quicken, it immediately went into an update without UAC window. It closed the file and updated. Upon re-opening after the update, that is the message I saw. I had to do the restore.

I chalked it up to a OneDrive conflict, but you didn't mention that.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I chalked it up to a OneDrive conflict, but you didn't mention that.
    That's because I don't use OneDrive or any other similar utility.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.