Print previous months' reconciliation report- Chase conversion problem

joyfulskier
joyfulskier Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Reports (Windows)
My accounts are reconciled every month, usually with no problem. The Chase conversion screwed up 2 Chase credit card accounts. The previous months had always reconciled, now need significant balance adjustments to reconcile, i.e. this month's opening balance is wrong. I had to go thru every transaction in the current month (there are many!) to even figure out that the problem was in the past. Over an hour wasted trying to figure out what happened & recognize that problem is in previous months. There's no easy way to figure out which transactions got lost or duplicated, or even what month they occurred, without the old reconciliation reports. Nor do I know how many months ago the register got screwed up. I started the painful & time wasting process of matching every Quicken register transaction to my old credit card statements. No luck so far. This could take forever without old reconciliation reports. HELP!
There should be a way to save/print the current reconciliation report once the account is reconciled.
BTW - It took over 3 hours on the phone with Quicken rep to get the Chase conversion to work at all. Very frustrating
Tagged:

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @joyfulskier - BTW, what I saw when my Chase accounts were converted was that duplicate transactions were downloaded (transactions that were previously downloaded and already in my registers).  When this happened I just deleted the newly downloaded transactions but then my balance was wrong.  It turned out that what Quicken did was adjust my opening balance of the account by the amount of the added transactions.  Once I changed the opening balance back to what it was supposed to be everything reconciled back to what it was prior to the conversion.  When I did the conversion I had taken a backup of my file so it was easy to go back and see what happened and then I just did the conversion again.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to run a reconcile report after you do a reconcile.  There is even a prompt for that after you do a reconcile if you have not turned off the alert.  If you have turned off the alert you can reset all the alerts in Edit -> Preferences.

But note you will have to have run and printed/saved as something like a PDF in the past.  Quicken doesn’t save past reconcile reports internally and if you run them now it will be done based on the transactions that are now in your account and as such won’t tell you what it looked like before.  To do that you would have run the report from a backup before the transactions were changed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • joyfulskier
    joyfulskier Member ✭✭
    In preferences that prompt is checked, but I have never seen the prompt at reconciliation.
  • joyfulskier
    joyfulskier Member ✭✭
    I use the same version of Quicken that you do. I have no idea how far back the problem is.
    Is there a way to run the report from a backup file without restoring it?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In preferences that prompt is checked, but I have never seen the prompt at reconciliation.
    I guess I didn't make the instructions clear enough because you are supposed to select Reset Quicken Warnings, there isn't a checkbox for selecting to get to get the warning, only to reset all the warnings so that you will see them again.

I use the same version of Quicken that you do. I have no idea how far back the problem is.
    Is there a way to run the report from a backup file without restoring it?
    You can make a copy of the backup file in Windows File Explorer and just rename the type from *.QDF-backup to *.QDF.  And then just double click on it to open it in place (no restore).  Note the copying is just so that you aren't messing with your backup.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.