Chase Balance

Options
Is there a fix to the chase update and reconcile yet?
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The workaround is to reconcile to the “statement balance” (which could be you looking at a balance on Chase’s website).  There isn’t any new information on Chase and the online balance including the pending transactions.  You can bookmark (select the ribbon icon) on this announcement to get any updates on the problem.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7918391/ongoing-10-13-22-chase-online-balance-including-pending-transactions#latest
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • AVT
    AVT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am noticing that Chase credit card and checking are working.

But debit card balance still reflects pending transactions and therefore does not reconcile.
  • dodobuck
    dodobuck Member
    Options
    I was told by Quicken Support that one of the know issues is the beginning balance was changed causing my ending balance to be off from the online balance. Also not crazy about the way pending transactions were being loaded as I enter my own manually and it would not stop when I selected to not download. Any news on an of this?
  • SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    This issue with Chase has been such a mess. I have bee unable to reconcile or rely on downloads since September. Nothing from Quicken has helped.

Somehow during the past month, after a good reconcile and balance on Oct 10, my Chase account got out of balance. It did not come close to matching my online balance. When I tried to Reconcile earlier today, it displayed over two thousand off, with about $300 in pending transactions, and the Reconcile put in an $800 Adjustment that certainly did NOT correct anything.

I HOPE the opening balance problem was a one time migration issue that will not suddenly recur! I never saw anything from Quicken about that problem and I just found your post dododuck today!

>>> So I did modify the Chase CC Quicken opening balance from some very large number, arbitrarily changing it to a $16.23 cent "payment" to make my Q Register balance match the Chase online balance, since I could not see any missing or incorrect transactions with manual searching.
    After that I did a Reconcile.

Reconcile does seem to ignore the Pending Transactions now. Presumably this is the FIX/resolution reported in the message pasted below. The issue seems to have been marked as Resolved, but it seems they are not really sure the problem IS fixed?

Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    November 10
    RESOLVED 11/10/22

This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
    PTArtist.com
  • RWR in TN
    RWR in TN Member ✭✭
    Options
    The Chase downloaded balance still includes Pending transactions.
    So I cannot reconcile my Chase checking account without also going to the Chase website and manually entering the pending transactions.
    I have used Quicken since 1999. This drives me crazy.
    Is there a way to revert to download of only the cleared balance, and not include the pending transactions?
  • anita98103
    anita98103 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My one-step update will download transactions but does not update the on-line balance. I either need to reconcile using the statement balance or I need to do a manual download. When I do the manual download, it downloads the transactions again and updates the on-line balance. I'm having to do a lot of deleting of duplicate transactions.
  • Kris B.
    Kris B. Member
    Options
    I'm still having the same issue. It's very frustrating.
  • jonathan.morgan
    Options
    My checking account online balance also still includes pending transactions. It has not just included posted transactions since I switched over to the new Chase stuff.
  • Yaku.ve
    Yaku.ve Member ✭✭
    Options
    After this last updates Chase is a mess and other accounts are now having similar issues.
    I can have all transactions reconciliated today, but tomorrow, with the download, Quicken will DELETE some transactions that are being downloaded again. Because the balance is incorrect I cannot trust Quicken and need to go to Chase web to check. This is a real waste of time.
    Have had similar situations with Discover and Citi (CC accounts). Not happy at all.
  • RWR in TN
    RWR in TN Member ✭✭
    Options
    I posted about this 11/23/22. Even this morning, 12/11/22, still no resolution. The downloaded balance still includes pending transactions. In order to reconcile the accounts, I have to go to the website, manually enter the pending transaction, then reconcile.
    This has been going on for WEEKS.
    Surely it cannot be too difficult to fix this.
    I have no other account that does this. Even my Chase credit card does not do this.
    I may discuss this with the Chase branch manager and see if he has any solution.
    Thanks!
  • phonemanalex
    phonemanalex Member ✭✭
    Options
    :s I just got some update to Quicken and now my chase balance is all over the place after every update. One update said my balance was just a little under $7 million (real balance was $388) but the online balance is correct. WTF!!!
  • jonathan.morgan
    Options
    I've never had it millions off, but I am still seeing pending transactions in the checking account balance for Chase. It is better during the week when things clear more quickly, but I still see it any time I have pending transactions. I just manually enter the pending to validate that it really just is the pending, then reconcile, and the pending transactions I entered manually match on the next sync after they clear, so it isn't so bad a workaround. But, would be nice if I could just reconcile my account without all this manual stuff. It took a long time for me to trust and stop entering transactions manually - sort of sad to have to start doing it again because Quicken's new Chase integration is busted.
This discussion has been closed.