Mixed up financial institutions

jgelfand
jgelfand Quicken Windows Subscription Member
For years my Schwab Accounts went to Schwab and Fidelity to Fidelity. My Fidelity account now says schwab and is linking there.

Why would this happen?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an attempt to fix something going on with downloads did you deactivate Schwab and in the process "Link" Schwab to the wrong Account?  If you go to the Online Services tab of your Fidelity Account what's the name of the financial institution shown in the "Online setup" box?
  • jgelfand
    jgelfand Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    I didn't. Can unlink either.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't make any changes to the downloading process in either Account and if you're saying that that when you go to the Online Services tab of either Account you're not able to either Deactivate or Reset the Account, that suggests something is scrambled in your data file.
    You can try going the Copy and Validate route (https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows) to see if that corrects things.  Or, if this just recently happened, you could try opening a backup where the Accounts are working properly and try bringing that file up to date.
This discussion has been closed.