What is the control panel version of your Canadian software that works?

Options
Latin
Latin Member ✭✭
I’ve been told my problem with RBC 2fa with quicken, is because I didn’t download right version. Quicken doesn’t allow Canadians to download anything higher than 27.1.43.14. So if your solution for RBC Canadian users is to download a newer version, Quicken gives no way to do this. In my downloads 27.1.43.14 is the best version I’m allowed to download.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Latin said:
    I’ve been told my problem with...
    Who told you? And was this person aware that you are using the Canadian version of Quicken?
    They might have given you advice applicable only to the US version ...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And for what it is worth, just glancing at some of the posts on RBC it seems to me the connection has been broken for a very long time with no suggestion on how to fix it.  Which most likely really requires either RBC or Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator) to fix something other than actually changing anything in Quicken (the program).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Express Web Connect method of downloading transactions will not work properly to download transactions from RBC Royal Bank if 2FA is enabled AND you have the RBC Mobile App installed AND you have at least one "Trusted Device" set in RBC Online Banking. You can, however, log into RBC Online Banking and turn the "Trusted Device" switch to OFF. Turning OFF "Trusted Device" will prevent RBC Online Banking from triggering a 2FA event in the Mobile App on your Trusted Device. If you turn Trusted Device OFF, Express Web Connect can work properly - you may need to answer a security question during a OSU once, but after that it will work normally as long as you leave "Trusted Device" set to OFF. The implication of doing this is that you won't have 2FA enabled for your RBC online banking.

Unfortunately, at this time, you need to choose between the enhanced security of 2FA (and causing problems with EWC) or disabling 2FA and allowing EWC to run smoothly with RBC Royal Bank.

Please do use the "Report a Problem" feature in Quicken to complain about this problem and please do open a ticket with Quicken support. The only way this will ever get properly fixed is to bring it to their attention - and, presently, it is NOT listed as a known issue in the online banking issue tracking.

This problem cannot be fixed by updating your Quicken Version. As @Chris_QPW suggested, it needs to be addressed by Intuit, Quicken's data aggregator. It is server problem, not a desktop problem. 
This discussion has been closed.