I am getting the message "Quicken is still connecting your biller." for several billers.Anyone else?

Options
2»

Answers

• Pudu
    Pudu Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just got this message from Anja today 2/1/2023 - RESOLVED 2/1/23 ????

"This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this."

Nothing has been resolved. In Bills and Income - American Express, Aqua, AT&T, Synchrony Bank and now Kohl's still all have the "blue exclamation point" saying we're working on Linking to this Biller. Same issue for the past 4 months.
  • xlnja
    xlnja Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Pudu said:
    > I just got this message from Anja today 2/1/2023 - RESOLVED 2/1/23 ????
    >
    > "This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this."
    >
    > Nothing has been resolved. In Bills and Income - American Express, Aqua, AT&T, Synchrony Bank and now Kohl's still all have the "blue exclamation point" saying we're working on Linking to this Biller. Same issue for the past 4 months.

I also have the same issue with American Express. It's been like that for months even after the update from Anja on 2/1/2023.
  • vdemola
    vdemola Member ✭✭
    Options
    And how long is this going to take to fix? Days, weeks, months? This has been going on for months. Quicken needs to focus on the things that matter and not giving us updates for highlighting rows in the register. We are paying a subscription and expect things to work and be fixed promptly.
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Pudu @xlnja @vdemola

Same here! Been dealing with this for months! American Express being the big one since I have 3 accounts. Ford Credit & State Farm Insurance, Spectrum Cable as of right now. But it varies also. @UKR has good advice about just giving up. But then I also completely agree that we should expect this service that Quicken claims to have to work. If its not going to work, (and  according to @UKR it will never work and only get worse as banks and businesses update their security) then it should be discontinued so all of us can move on. This really is the bottom line. Fix it or remove it!  And who cares if you can highlight a register(this last update) or not! Fix things that matter to people. Ive been with Quicken for 20+ years. ITs hard to move on, but I would  if I could find software that would run my personal finances and my rental business together. And have the ability to separate them at tax time like Quicken does. I spend more time troubleshooting it seems than actually using the program to get work done! And calling and spending hours on the phone with support has never proven productive for me! 
  • Pudu
    Pudu Member ✭✭
    Options
    After multiple updates to this forum and multiple calls to Quicken Customer Service and being told this wasn't a problem or it was a resolved problem we just got an update via email saying:
    "We have received confirmation that the issue with the biller XFINITY is a known issue. We are currently experiencing issues syncing XFINITY accounts. We don't have an estimated time of resolution for this but can assure you that this is a priority of our development team. "
    And this:
    "We have received confirmation that the issue with the biller

Aqua America is a known issue. We are currently experiencing issues syncing Aqua America accounts. We don't have an estimated time of resolution for this but can assure you that this is a priority of our development team.

Please track and pay this bill manually to avoid any late fees."

Who knows when it will be fixed but acknowledgement was something.
  • jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am getting the same thing. For multiple billers. This issue is definently not resolved. I have had this problem for some time now. I keep refreshing and eventually it comes through. This is very frusterating.

• Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just FYI…As of 2/28, I'm still trying to get this issue resolved for Dominion Energy UT, JC Penney Mastercard, Xfinity, and, PNC Bank. By some kind of miracle, today I was able to cross off my list: Barclaycard Wyndham Rewards, and Lowe's Advantage Card.

• rxyquicka
    rxyquicka Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thursday 2023/03/02 at 03:25 PST

Problem still unfixed. I reported it twice using "Help > Report a problem ...", the first time on 2022/11/25 and the second time on 2023/03/01. When I "Refresh bill" for six of my ten billers, I observe that the "Update Biller Still connecting to [Biller Name]" dialog box appears. Those six billers are AT&T (DirecTV), AT&T Universal Platinum Card, Citi, Synchrony financial (Chevron and Texaco), Verizon Wireless, and Wells Fargo.

• buttersh
    buttersh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. Been trying to set up Disney+, Hulu, Tidal and Netflix as online billers for more than a week now. Only Netflix worked. I am still getting the "Quicken is still connecting" message more than a week after setting them up. Quicken, if this is not a real feature that is expected to work, and work reliably, PLEASE TELL US SO or remove it from the software so we don't keep wasting time trying to use something that doesn't work and will never work.
  • OldBoom
    OldBoom Member
    Options
    I have not been able to connect to AT&T for months, now no bills are being paid through Quickpay (unspecified error). I paid for the subscription to avoid having to pay my bank to handle my bills. Quickpay is also reporting that some billers it has handled for months are now "Quickpay is not available for this biller at this time." When is this expected to be repaired?
  • Mark&Kristine Thompson
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with several billers that worked previously. I suspect that it has to do with the fact that billers are increasing security by requiring two factor authentication. Other billers have simply stopped allowing Quicken to access their customer's bills. Chase for example stopped working with Quicken months ago, and I now have to pay my Chase credit card bills on the Chase website. Ironically, one of the billers that seems to have stopped working with Quicken is Rocket Mortgage which used to be owned by Quicken. I used to be able to access my mortgage bill via Quicken and schedule payment via quickpay, but not more. Seems like the whole bill manager approach is coming tumbling down.
  • alfried3
    alfried3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So why couldn't Quicken go to system such. as they had at one time, and banks are using today. A two day ACH payment would be better than trying to fight institution security updates And there would not be a double entry situation. If immediate payments are needed occasionally, then we can go to the website and pay. BTW, does anyone really know if Quicken management sees any suggestions or even cares?
  • CBiller
    CBiller Member
    Options
    I agree that Quicken BillManager is starting to crumble. QuickPay has not only become very troublesome, or completely become unavailable for me using Rocket Mortgage, as well as Chase, Citi, and Bank of America (and on again off again, with Amazon Synchrony). Being left with only a CheckPay alternative for pay these bills is like going back to the dark ages and ‘snail mail’. So its now back to a double-entry method to pay these bills (Step 1, use one of my banks' BillPay mechanism to schedule the payment outside of Quicken, then, Step 2, do a manual entry in Quicken to record the transaction.
    With all the turmoil in using Quicken these past few months (created by more and more billers going to two-step authentication, or simply just rejecting to work with Quicken's QuickPay), the QuickPay mechanism is beginning to fall apart. I am now scheduling the bills (where QuickPay is still available) a full week before they a due. Why? ..to allow time for me time to ‘scramble’ to make an alternative method of payment in the event I get a the ‘the dreaded email' from Quicken stating that my QuickPay payment wouldn't go through, or that it was canceled for one reason or another.

Yes, I have recently been thinking about looking for alternatives to Quicken. I've been on Quicken for many (many, many) years and heretofore loved the software and relied on it to manage ALL my financial affairs. But ‘things’ are starting to happen that seems that Quicken and their software is going backwards, and that the simplicity and ‘reliability’ of the QuickPay mechanism is becoming more and more of an issue and inconvenience with me. I already had an issue with Quicken when they converted from their old (very reliable and more flexible) BillPay method, to their new (QuickPay/CheckPay) payment methodology, ….But I adjusted, and just rolled with the quirks in the new QuickPay methodology.

But then came two-factor authentication and tightening security across all platforms these past months. My taste of a very unacceptable ‘bad experience’ with Quicken started at the beginning of the year.

About 2-1/2 months ago I scheduled (2 to 3 weeks in advance of the transaction ‘target’ date) a $250+ QuickPay to Amazon Synchrony with a target date of Dec 30th (a Friday, workday), which was two days in advance of the actual ‘due date’ of Jan 2. ….It didn't happen the way I planned! …….Not only did I find out later that I the QuickPay payment was not sent and received only by Amazon Synchrony until Jan 4 (3 days after due date, ….or 5 days AFTER my scheduled ‘target’ date) …but the payment that was made was for only $29 (not the full account balance of $250+ that I scheduled). My Quicken books explicitly showed and confirmed that a $250 payment was made (albeit 5 days after my ‘target’ date). HOWEVER, Synchrony had only received $29!!!! (and after the due date). What the heck??! Needless to say, I not incurred not only a ‘late fee’ charge for the resulting late payment, but also ensuing Interest finance charges since the bill wasn't paid in full, as I intended.!!!. …I went round and round with Quicken on this issue; they diligently reviewed my Quicken ‘books’ via on-line access, …but they never could really explain or figure out what happened or why. The whole issue was was even elevated to higher levels. They couldn't deny that something weird happened, but they refused to refund the fees I incurred. They told me that I should have allowed more time for the holiday weekend. Say what?? Duhhh!! (I didn't know that computers and electronic transactions got time off to celebrate the holidays) What B-S- I was pitched!

Quicken could never explain what had happened: #1 —Why my scheduled QuickPay $250+ payment (explicitly confirmed as actually happening) only transacted for only $29!! …and #2- Why my the payment that I scheduled and targeted for Dec 30th didn't occur until Jan 4th!!!

…..This event was really the start of a series of quirks and distasteful ‘things’ that I have since experienced that have me questioning the reliability of QuickPay, as well as the digression in the convenience of the QuickPay mechanism. These events have caused me to start questioning my use of Quicken. I suggest they get control over the substance and ‘meat’ of the value of the software, and set aside for the moment the time spent of peripheral ‘bells and whistles’.
This discussion has been closed.