I am getting the message "Quicken is still connecting your biller." for several billers.Anyone else?

Options
Just started after last software update. I am getting this message: Quicken is still connecting to your biller. You can refresh to check the status" on several of my online billers. See attached image.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello again,

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the Community to report this problem, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

While the previous Alert was marked resolved, please refer to this new Community Alert instead regarding this issue. Anyone still experiencing this error message is due to an internal server outage we are experiencing. More details about this issue are described in the new Alert. 

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Evan100
    Evan100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @pacsman128 & @Evan100,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers first. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• pacsman128
    pacsman128 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The procedure above only produces another error, so obviously, this latest update is creating major issues!
  • Bob Gilbert
    Bob Gilbert Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    Same issues. Same errors. Have been trying to set up American Airlines Citibank and Amazon Chase Cards for a month and get the same errors each time.
  • pacsman128
    pacsman128 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, looks like after this last update the Billers portion is completely useless!
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this and that the previous steps provided fail to resolve this for you.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• echollis
    echollis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Similar problem for Capital One Credit Card and will submit report.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello again,

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the Community to report this problem, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem with Capitol One and Anthem Blue Shield. Bank of America set up ok.
  • pacsman128
    pacsman128 Member ✭✭
    Options
    NO, it is still broken, now Xfinity is broken as well. This is a BIG problem and renders Quicken useless!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• SueQ
    SueQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Me too
  • badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also same problem with SimpliSafe
  • Renegade-27
    Renegade-27 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Quicken user for decades. This simply doens't work with bllers rotating regularly between "Needs Attention" and "Waiting for next bill". I've gone through biller registrations many times now as it keeps asking for registration information. I haven't gotten a bill yet and now it just asked again to register Quick Pay and Check Pay. [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

[Removed - Rant/Solicitation]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your bank recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives:

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (about 10 - 14 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments from the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (about10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even invented. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• pacsman128
    pacsman128 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Unfortunately, the last comment was irrelevant and not related to the reported issue at hand.
  • badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    My current list of billing sites unavailable Anthem Blue Cross, Capital One, Lowes, and SimpliSafe. I see no status other than "The status of this issue remains ongoing. We do not have an ETA to provide at this time and apologize for the inconvenience" which has been repeated weekly for more than one month. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922233/new-10-21-22-quicken-is-still-connecting-your-biller-error/p1?new=1
  • efay
    efay Member ✭✭
    Options
    At this point Quicken you have had enough complaints regarding this issue. I have spent loads of time chatting with your customer service team on the phone--no one ever eludes to this as being a known problem and after 45 mins they say they will notify team members.
  • badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    Add Target to my current list of billing sites unavailable: Target, Anthem Blue Cross, Capital One, Lowes, and SimpliSafe. This problem has existed for at least 6 weeks. Requires considerable effort on my part to manually check all bills online. I see no status other than the weekly recurring "The status of this issue remains ongoing. We do not have an ETA to provide at this time and apologize for the inconvenience" which has been repeated weekly for more than one month. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922233/new-10-21-22-quicken-is-still-connecting-your-biller-error/p1?new=1
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are more, of course. AT&T for one example. And others that have stopped picking pdf's. And others that....
  • Pudu
    Pudu Member ✭✭
    Options
    Agreed! Have reported as well and can no longer use Quick Pay for American Express, Aqua, AT&T, Synchrony Bank and Xfinity. Was originally reported October 2022 and today's update still says no ETA. Ridiculous.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Instead of fighting Bill Manager, take the easy way out. Reread my earlier comment and take option #3 to bypass all these problems.
  • KCCardsfan
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > Instead of fighting Bill Manager, take the easy way out. Reread my earlier comment and take option #3 to bypass all these problems.

UKR, You are COMPLETLY missing the point... Those of us who have purchased subscriptions to Quicken expect it to work! I'm not paying for something only to have it be a brick and resort to manual workarounds to accomplish what this tool is supposed to do in the first place!

I am a long-time Quicken user and I just UPGRADED my subscription two months ago expecting better features and faster (less glitchy) functionality. If the issues with linking to billers and other bill management tools are not fixed by the end of the month, I will be contacting Quicken to ask for a full refund. If it comes to that, then yes, I will revert to other (more time-consuming) methods of bill pay like I did back in the dark ages...
  • Pudu
    Pudu Member ✭✭
    Options
    Completely agree - what’s the point of paying for Quicken services if you have to go in to each Biller’s website to make a payment and then make a manual entry? In a full year we have yet to successfully make all of our “Quick” payments with each biller and not have something fail or get a message that the Biller can’t be reached and have to re-do it. This new error has been occurring since October 2022 with no resolution date in sight but let’s face it Quick pay hasn’t really worked since the “new” software release more than a year ago.
  • Pudu
    Pudu Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just saw an ALERT from Anja saying this issue is RESOLVED....however - when I opened Quicken there was no update downloaded. I went into the Bills tab and clicked Refresh, Fix and tried to Refresh each bill. Every one of them still shows a Blue Exclamation point and still stays trying to connect to the biller. No fix here.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

While the previous Alert was marked resolved, please refer to this new Community Alert instead regarding this issue. Anyone still experiencing this error message is due to an internal server outage we are experiencing. More details about this issue are described in the new Alert. 

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    This issue has persisted for at least 3 months.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This issue has persisted for at least 3 months.
    Stop fighting the Bill Manager windmill. It's never going to work. The banks have or are in the process of introducing "new improved security measures" which render most Bill Manager functions unusable. There's nothing Quicken can do to make it work, no matter how much (or little) you are willing to pay.
    So, do take one of the alternative procedures that I outlined in an earlier response and live happily ever after.

• badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Options
    UKR, fair enough. Why doesn't Quicken simply announce this fact and remove feature?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR, fair enough. Why doesn't Quicken simply announce this fact and remove feature?
    That's the $64-question only someone from Quicken could answer ... and they normally don't announce anything in advance.

This discussion has been closed.