Invoice "Ship To" question

Options
Up until this most recent update, the "ship to" area on our invoices would be blank, which is what we need it to be. It's been fine for years, but after the last update, the "ship to" area automatically fills from the default address of the account on the invoice and there is a drop down box on the field that never used to be there. This is not what we want to happen, as many of our accounts have a different address at times, depending on a variety of things, and sometimes it needs to be simply a name, sometimes it needs to be other information, sometimes it needs to be left blank for our field person to fill in at the time of the job. So, the point is, it is auto filling for every invoice created, and I cannot change those lines, because then it tells me that I've changed the default ship to address and do I want to update it or add a new one. How can I make the invoice STOP automatically populating the "ship to" area? I need it to stay blank, like it always used to.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, the programmers finally got around to making this "Ship to" enhancement that some of us had wanted. And they stuck it in with US Release R 44.20.
    For reference, here's what the New Customer Invoice dialog now looks like, including the Address Book extension:
    There hasn't been any documentation update for this that I can find. But, as far as I can figure out with some simple testing ... just swipe the mouse over the text in the Ship To box to highlight it, hit Backspace to erase it and save the invoice. But this may not blank out the Ship To fields in the Address book record for future invoices.
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the reply....but I've tried that. For some reason that makes no sense to me, doing so and making the edit will make a pop up dialog box that says I've entered an address that does not match and do I want to edit the existing one or add a new one. Regardless of which I choose, upon opening the next invoice for that account, it will put the MEMO info from the last invoice made in the ADDRESS box and then put ONLY the account name in the Ship To box. Which is insane.

Surely there is a simply way to just instruct the invoice to default to not include ship to info??
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "MEMO info"? Are you using the Ship to address box for something other than its intended use, a real Ship To mailing address?
    Remember there's a Memo field on the invoice, and a Message to Customer field, too.
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The Ship To box is simply a box showing up on the invoice. In the past, it's always been blank by default, and we've filled in the information there manually as needed because for our business and our customers, that often changes, so that has been how we've used it. I'm not sure what other intended use it could be for.

We never use the "message to customer" field, but we nearly always use the Memo field since that will show up on the Quicken register and allows us a quick way to find the invoice we need amongst many of the same account. It may be what is happening is that when I delete the "ship to" autofilled info and add the info I actually need there, it's often the same info I put in the Memo field for ease of finding it in the future, so maybe that's what I'm noticing....which means that if I change the info in the Ship To field, that is what is triggering the pop up box and then that changes the info in the Address box to whatever I needed to put in the Ship To box. Is there not a way to set a default to leave Ship To blank? Why would changing the Ship To mess up the Bill To field?
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I've found that will fix things once this all happens, is to go to the edit area (in your image above) and go to the Ship To field, then click on the "format" button. This gives a dialog with an option to check or uncheck the box for "use first five lines of notes instead of address." This is always checked, if things are messed up. I uncheck that box, and then the Bill To fills in correctly again in the next invoice (along with autofilling the Ship To, of course). Don't ask me how I ended up figuring THAT out, or why that even has that result, since that's for creating checks, I thought. I've been nearly three hours just clicking things and trying different stuff, trying to get this to go back to how it used to be......
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to have the Ship To area be blank by default?
  • dave7i
    dave7i Member
    Options
    Has anyone figured out the issues with the Ship To Area auto filling. Quicken support is no help at all.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I've seen recently is an Alert about a similar issue:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922451/new-10-24-22-invoice-bill-to-address-populating-in-wrong-field#latest
    If this applies to you, please "follow" this alert by clicking the pennant icon in the upper right of the webpage.

• Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @dave7i said:
    > Has anyone figured out the issues with the Ship To Area auto filling. Quicken support is no help at all.

I spent two hours with Quicken support with not even close to getting a resolution. I mostly spent that time on hold as he "talked to tec support." He then said he'd research it and get back to me. That was several days ago.
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > The only thing I've seen recently is an Alert about a similar issue:
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922451/new-10-24-22-invoice-bill-to-address-populating-in-wrong-field#latest
    > If this applies to you, please "follow" this alert by clicking the pennant icon in the upper right of the webpage.

That is not the same problem that we are having. Creating an invoice puts the "bill to" info in the correct place, but once that is created, it is permanently and irrevocably linked to the "ship to" field. Changing the "ship to" field will change the "bill to" for the next invoice for that account. The only way to fix the now messed up "bill to" field is to go into the address book for that account, go to the "format" button, and take out any checkmarks in those options (which makes NO SENSE since this is simply for formatting checks!). This will, at least, correct the "bill to" info for the NEXT invoice for that account, but as soon as I need to put in different "ship to" info, I have to do all that all over again. It's incredibly frustrating and time consuming.
  • steveqazwsx
    Options
    I am having the same problem. After using my Quicken Home and Business software for 20 years, all of a sudden it is auto filling the ship to address. It looks like Quicken is working to fix this.

Here is the text to the link UKR referenced above ......

"We have identified an issue. When an invoice is created, the address for the billed customer is appearing in the Project ID section rather than the Bill To section of the invoice. Also, we have seen that the address may appear in both of these sections.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on a resolution at this time.

Please click the bookmark ribbon in the upper right to be notified of updates as they become available.

Thank you!
    (Ticket #9791671/CTP-4774) "
  • maryquitecontrary
    Options
    Sudden problem this morning trying to create invoices for multiple projects for the same long time customer. My bill to window always shows the customer and address, but usually my project window will be peopled by the project I choose from above that. Now however, it is autofilled by the customers addres, as though it is a ship to item. but I have always called it and used it as a project box. I am hoping this gets resolved quickly.
  • ALBERT FONT
    ALBERT FONT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, I wish there was a way to go back to version 43.32, it's frustrating.
  • ESPDavid
    ESPDavid Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. I use the ship to box as Customer Location because I do mostly sub contract work and the location changes. I spent 30 minutes on a chat with customer support, only to be disconnected ( I assume because it was close to 5pm on a friday) They kept asking redundant questions and I even pointed out this started after one of their updates. Not happy with Quicken / support.
    If support is reading this, you need to fix this problem ASAP. I don't, as well as the rest of your customers have the time to try to figure out ways around this. Just fix it!
  • Greg5865
    Greg5865 Member
    Options
    This problem is causing a lot of work for me also. I do apartment maintenance and I use the "Ship to" field as the "Work Address". I need the "Bill to" to be the management company. It was working fine for me for about 12 years and now it is broken. Maybe they can add a selection in preferences so the user can choose the behavior. As it is I will need to add about 100 addresses to the "ship to" field for the management company.
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Greg5865 said:
    > This problem is causing a lot of work for me also. I do apartment maintenance and I use the "Ship to" field as the "Work Address". I need the "Bill to" to be the management company. It was working fine for me for about 12 years and now it is broken. Maybe they can add a selection in preferences so the user can choose the behavior. As it is I will need to add about 100 addresses to the "ship to" field for the management company.

Yes....we should be able to choose to link the "ship to" field to the account address, or NOT link it. This is ridiculous. It now takes me three times as long to create an invoice because I keep having to go back and forth fixing the "ship to" and/or account field.
  • ESPDavid
    ESPDavid Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just worked with Tech support over the phone. To resolve issue I had to roll back to R43.32
    Go to browser and type GEN00666
    Click on: Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version
    scroll down to download (Sept 2022) download version Release R43.32
    open after download and follow steps.
    If you need help - call support. I'm sticking with this Release until I see a resolution on he ticket referenced from above.
    Hope this helps
  • Martlock
    Martlock Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, I was thinking this is what we would end up having to do. So I guess every time Quicken updates automatically, we'll have to go through these steps again to roll it back to 43.32?
  • ESPDavid
    ESPDavid Member ✭✭
    Options
    I get a prompt to update. I believe I'm able to cancel or update later.
    So if you just choose not to update that should do it. I'm going to monitor the ticket you referenced above until they find a resolution before I try the new release, if it doesn't work then I'll just go back to R43.32. At least I can finally get some work done.
  • maryquitecontrary
    Options
    Thank you ESPdavid. Next time i bill ( this week) I will try this.
This discussion has been closed.