how can i search date

Options
Aweiss
Aweiss Member ✭✭
and it should show this date from all acounts. ?

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you know the date?  You can click on all transactions at the top of the account bar on the side. The sort by the date column.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• Aweiss
    Aweiss Member ✭✭
    Options
    my problem is that the search all tab cant search for a date in all acounts
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you know the date?  You can click on all transactions at the top of the account bar on the side. The sort by the date column.

• Aweiss
    Aweiss Member ✭✭
    Options
    it will only show me on one specific account I want to search for this date in all of my accounts. how do I get that?
  • volvogirl
    Options
    All transactions is for ALL accounts.  I use it it.  At the very top of the account list on the side.  

• Aweiss
    Aweiss Member ✭✭
    Options
    yes it goes thanks
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it is worth, I can search by date (for one date) using main search box.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl
    Options
    I sure couldn't get it to work on my Q2013.  I tried typing the date different ways.  And the list only shows a blank transaction for the current date.  Is there a trick?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    volvogirl said:
    I sure couldn't get it to work on my Q2013.  I tried typing the date different ways.  And the list only shows a blank transaction for the current date.  Is there a trick?
    Probably the trick is to use Quicken Subscription.   ;)
    Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using the global search box finds the date everywhere, e.g., in a memo field. Here I searched for 3/22/22 and this was one of the results.
    I prefer to use the Find command on the Date field.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    volvogirl said:
    Probably the trick is to use Quicken Subscription.   ;)
    Installed Quicken 2013 in a Virtual Machine.
    Quicken 2013 doesn't have the global search text box, so that explains that.

The search/filter box in each of the accounts and in All Transactions in Quicken 2013 doesn't allow filtering by date, it does work in Quicken Subscription.

Note that the global search in Quicken Subscription is the same as Ctrl+F with Any Field selected and using Find All.
    Signature:
  • volvogirl
    Options
    Thanks for checking that.  But as I said I can just scroll to the date I want to see.  Just scares me at first that the All Transactions is  filtered to 1 year.  

This discussion has been closed.