After BoA migration - have duplicate transactions - how to fix?

Options
Frank13
Frank13 Member ✭✭
After updating my Bank of America accounts, the transactions for my savings account were totally re-entered. I never reconcile the account, it is simply an accounting of my balances (deposits and withdrawals). The account now contains many duplicates which I can never identify. Can I create an export of just the savings account from the most recent backup and import it into the current file which has the duplicate data. Do I need to delete the data currently in the bad account? What file format do I use for the export/import?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest that instead of trying to export/import from a backup for a single account (which is very difficult to get right) that you consider doing this another way.  Here are some possibilities.

1. Select the gear icon menu in the register and then select "Sorting Options" -> "By order entered".  This will group all of the transactions that just downloaded at the end of the register.  Hopefully that will allow you to delete the old duplicate transactions.
    2. Another way is to restore from a backup and do the update again, but this time before doing the update make sure the account is full reconciled.  That way whatever downloads will not have the R in the Clr column and will be easier to find and delete.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Frank13 said: After updating my Bank of America accounts,
    the transactions for my savings account were totally re-entered.
    [EDIT] - I have updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A
    I would think there would only be a few transactions for a "savings acct".
    If so, you should be able to manually just Sort by date, or amount or ?? - and see the dups - and delete them.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.