Nothing happens when I click Downloaded Transactions

Options
Since the last quicken update nothing happens when I try to download transactions in all my banks and all my investment accounts

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DianaFru,

I haven't seen any other posts reporting what is happening in your datafile.  Can you give us some more information that will help us understand what may be happening?

How do you download transactions - do you use one-step update or do you download one account at a time?  Can you confirm that none of your accounts are downloading?  What actually happens when you do try to download (please describe exactly what you are seeing/ what is happening or not happening)? How different is it from a normal downloading process?  Any error codes?  When did this problem start? Which version of Quicken are you running?

Any additional information will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• John S32092
    John S32092 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue the last 48 hours. Using One Step update. update screen pops up and nothing happens. no activity. Quicken freezes up and I have to close it using task manager
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue the last 48 hours. Using One Step update.
    Have requested your other new posting be deleted, so as to have just one thread … 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    DianaFru said:
    Since the last quicken update nothing happens when I try to download transactions in all my banks and all my investment accounts
    Please clarify with some details - 
    Are you using One Step Update
    or each individual account
    Downloaded Transactions button
    at bottom of Register?

check this other thread 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20306761/#Comment_20306761

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• John S32092
    John S32092 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I did notice this morning, When I start One Step Update several of the items WITHOUT the "key" icon did update. ALL the items with the "Key" icon are stalled and I have to close Quicken with task manager.
  • John S32092
    John S32092 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Crickets
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I did notice this morning, When I start One Step Update several of the items WITHOUT the "key" icon did update. ALL the items with the "Key" icon are stalled and I have to close Quicken with task manager.
    All the items with the Key icon are accounts connected using Express Web Connect as the transaction download protocol. That process goes thru a server at Quicken or Intuit and, at least for me with a low transaction volume, typically takes 1 or 2 minutes. It has been reported that, for accounts with a large volume of transactions per month, this process may well take many minutes to complete if this is the first time you're ever trying to run it. Killing the process in the middle and restarting it does not appear to help. It just starts all over.
    Be patient and let it run, several hours if necessary.
    However, before you do so, please validate your Quicken data file, as follows. Killing Quicken may have damaged the data file.
    1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• John S32092
    John S32092 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    UKR, I have been using Quicken for 20 years. This is an issue THEY are having either with the software or their servers , or whatever. Also, normally there are spinning items that let you know it is "working". There are no spinning items. I have also validated my file, which I did after several attempts to Update didn't work. It seems others are having the same issue. Hopefully they will fix it soon. But they did not respond to my Reporting an Issue.
  • John S32092
    John S32092 Member ✭✭
    Options
    To fix my issue, I had to export my file data and start a new file and import back in. Not sure what the issue was but Quicken Help spent over 2 hours with me on the phone the other day and were no help at all.
This discussion has been closed.