Download button works differently - it's gone - replaced by corner icon !!

Options
Clive Walden
Clive Walden Member ✭✭
When I click on "Download" I should get a dialog box to enter my password.
Now nothing. Tried two different accounts.
Closed and reopened Quicken, no change.
Been downloading to these accounts for at least a decade with no such issues.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Clive Walden

Thanks for the additional information.  It sounds like you've been updating from the very bottom of each account register, rather than using "One Step Update".  I think this is the button that you have been using:

Unfortunately, they redesigned that area to remove that button, but you should still be able to update by clicking on the middle icon in the upper right of that bottom panel - see this Snip:

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is the brokerage?
    What is the download connection method?  (You can get this from the Online Services tab of Account Details, from Account List or by looking just under the Account Name at the top left of the Account Register.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Clive Walden

Can you give us some more details that will help us understand your issues?

Which brokers are you having issues with?  Which methods were you using to download transactions from them?  Which version of Quicken are you currently running and did you recently move to a newer version?  Have you had any similar issues with downloading from any other financial institutions?  Get back to me any we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Clive Walden
    Clive Walden Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you both for responding.
    Latest Quicken I presume (it frequently auto updates).
    Every Account I have is exhibiting the same behaviour. TDAmeritrade for one.
    I use Direct Connect. Quicken does NOT store my passwords.
    I tried verifying my file. No errors.
    No known changes on my end. I have been downloading like this for years and years.
    What "should" happen, is a dialog box for me to enter the appropriate password after which the download should begin.
    Now, I click on "Download" and nothing happens. No dialog box, no activity.
    Settings for the accounts do still say I am using Direct Connect.
    Windows 11 BTW.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seem to remember a similar post.  Instead of clicking on "Download", have you tried using either "Update now" or the One Step Update process?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Clive Walden

Thanks for the additional information.  It sounds like you've been updating from the very bottom of each account register, rather than using "One Step Update".  I think this is the button that you have been using:

Unfortunately, they redesigned that area to remove that button, but you should still be able to update by clicking on the middle icon in the upper right of that bottom panel - see this Snip:

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• agunnarson1
    Options
    I am having the same problem with the latest release. I have been using Quicken since it was born, so I am a seasoned user. I download the QFX from my bank two or three times per week on my accounts. The only thing that changed was the new release on my end and I am having the same experience as the others in this thread. I keep checking back to see if there is a bug fix in process as this is getting annoying. It is clearly happening to several users.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a shot in the dark ... Have you installed a Windows Update on or about 10/12/22?
    If so, uninstall the Update, reboot and see if that solves the issue.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    agunnarson1 said: I am having the same problem with the latest release. I have been using Quicken since it was born, so I am a seasoned user. I download the QFX from my bank two or three times per week on my accounts.
    well - guess it is NOT the same problem as mentioned with the "download" button - that you have jumped on....
    If you are manually downloading a QFX file from your bank - WHAT happens after that ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Clive Walden said: When I click on "Download" I should get a dialog box to enter my password.
    let us know if the Download button issue is actually the button being removed -
    and the new corner icon being created .... WITHOUT any Quicken docs reflecting this new change.
    Just went thru this same entire topic in another thread where they kept saying the "download" button didn't do anything.

EDIT
    - updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Clive Walden
    Clive Walden Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can't find a way to reply to any specific answer, but Frankx was correct.
    I can't believe how dumb the programmers have been to change something like this that we have been using for DECADES, without popping up a big dialog box explaining the change when you click on the traditional button.
    I say this as a long retired professional software developer responsible for some major projects in my time.
    Thank you all!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clive Walden said: Can't find a way to reply to any specific answer, but Frankx was correct.
    the "quote" button below the posting brings up the text like above -
    so you can reply to specifics as the thread tends to wander

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Clive Walden
    Clive Walden Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > the "quote" button below the posting brings up the text like above -
    > so you can reply to specifics as the thread tends to wander

Thanks again.
    Either my mind is getting very dim as I age, or developers are not thinking as clearly as we used to about UIs.
    Probably the former I fear.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Clive Walden said:  Either my mind is getting very dim as I age, or developers are not thinking as clearly as we used to about UIs.   Probably the former I fear.
    nope - totally agree on so many levels..... doing dev on large multi screen monitors vs common user 15" laptop screen -
    moving things around or taking them away and replacing with obscure icons tucked away in corners - and not letting the users know of each change in the Release Notes … 
    YUP - not on my watch, in my dept, or anywhere in my company -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Clive Walden
    Clive Walden Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > YUP - not on my watch, in my dept, or anywhere in my company -
    Thanks for restoring my self confidence. ;)
    Always thought about users who might not think like me.
    Why I liked Delphi(Pascal), Java, and PL/SQL because you could name everything so anyone who had to maintain my code knew what was happening in (almost) plain English.
This discussion has been closed.