How do I repeat row headings/labels on multi page reports?

Options
ddrayson
ddrayson Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have a multi page report with Categories as rows and Years as columns. I want to go back 10 years so my report defaults to 2 pages. But the row headings/labels are not repeated on the second page. Decreasing font to fit on one pages makes it unreadable.
How do I get row labels to repeat on subsequent pages?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could export the report to Excel.  In Excel you can go to Page Layout > Print Titles > enter the Rows to Repeat at Top.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More details, please.
    What version and release of Quicken?
    Which report are you using?
    When generating a Spending by Category report with a multi-year date range and Column = Month, every page on my report has report titles, column headers at the top and the Category names down the left side.
    Are your printer settings different from mine?
  • ddrayson
    ddrayson Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm using Quicken Basic, R43.14, Build 27.143.14 (Canada).
    My printer settings match yours and I'm trying to print to PDF, but same results if I print to physical printer.
    I'm not sure what standard report I built this one off - probably the Spending - Income and Expense by Category. After built with new title and name, is there a way to determine the original report?

PS When my list of categories spill onto page 2, I see those row0 names. It's when I go past about 5 or 6 years in the columns that I miss the row names.
  • ddrayson
    ddrayson Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also realize that I can export to Excel and further manipulate the report, but I should not have to. Reporting features of a product that has been around as long as Quicken, which has now gone to monthly/annual fee structure (instead of perpetual licensing per version), should be fairly full featured and robust.
This discussion has been closed.