Existing Credit card account compromised..

Options
mieczako
mieczako Member ✭✭
My ONE of my Citi credit cards was compromised. Account was closed and new account created. How to correctly add this account to Quicken. Tried ADD account which had some odd links ? Program added account but when I wish to add a payment to account thru my bank the added account does not show in drop down ? Wouls appreciate help. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You want to disable (edit from the Account List (Tools menu) on the Online Service tab) online downloading for the existing account, delete the Financial Institution (FI) information (on the General tab),
    then add a new account, BUT, when it offers to "add" the account, change that to "link" and select the existing account.
    This way, you have only one account for that CC regardless of how many numbers are assigned to it.  I suggest entering a $0 transaction at that time indicating that the account # was changed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mieczako
    mieczako Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your quick response. At this point "delete the Financial Institution (FI) information (on the General tab)" There is only "Online setup Deactivate also Reset Account no Gen Tab ??" What am I not doing? Both accounts have different account numbers obviously. A bit puzzled
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This one.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the confusion is that you used "delete" when the actual button is Deactivate on the Online Services tab.  One needs to select the Deactivate button on the Online Services tab and then go back to the General tab to clear out the information.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.