Can't change size of Quicken window

Options
slyvella09
slyvella09 Unconfirmed, Member
Since the latest update of Quicken I can only use it in full screen. I can't change the size of the window. If I click on the "downsize" icon it stays the same size. The top bar is grayed out so I can't click on it to move the window or double click or anything. I've never seen this before with any program. Ideas? :s
Tagged:

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried rebooting your computer?  That usually clears things out.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like Quicken memorized the "Restore Down" window size as being (nearly) the same as the full screen window.
    When in "Restore Down" mode, you can still click the windows borders, top, bottom or sides, even if the Quicken window color is gray. For example, pushing the mouse pointer to the top of the window should change it to a vertical double arrow  ↕
    You can also click the red Q icon in the upper left. A popup window will give you options to move and resize the screen.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    Looks like Quicken memorized the "Restore Down" window size as being (nearly) the same as the full screen window.
    Quicken has never stored the "Restore Down" size and position correctly.  I have reported this numerous times, but it has never been fixed.

To see what is going on try this with another program like your web browser.
    Size and position the window.  Now Maximize it. Now close it and then reopen it.
    What you will see is that it opens "restored down" and with the sized and position that you set before you maximized it.

Quicken on the other hand saves whatever size and position it was in when you closed it.
    So, if you maximize it and then close it, when you start Quicken again it will be at max size.

Note you should be able to drag the title bar of Quicken to get it so that you can get to the sides of the window to allow for resizing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • slyvella09
    slyvella09 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I restarted the computer and then it was fixed.
This discussion has been closed.