Bank of America migration

Options
Telepele
Telepele Member ✭✭
I have migrated most of my Bank of America accounts to the new system. However, my credit card account shows on the list that's downloaded on quicken but it is marked with "Don't add to Quicken" which can't be changed. On the account details in Quicken it shows that this account is not yet set up for download. It seems that some flag is stuck in the SW that prohibits me from linking the BofA account to the Quicken one. Any idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You might want to try the following: 
    1. Before proceeding, make not of the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.
    2. In Account Details on the General tab....make sure all Financial Institution Information is removed from the upper right quadrant (everything above the Contact Name field).
    3. Then try adding the account via Add Account or Set Up Now and follow the prompts.
    After the process completes, if the account balance is incorrect:
    • Check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.  If it has been changed during this process, correct the dollar amount.
    • Look for another Opening Balance transaction that might have been entered somewhere within the last 2-3 months.  If you find one, delete it.
    • Look for any duplicate transactions within the last 2-3 months that might have been downloaded.  If you find any, delete them.
    Did this help resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Telepele
    Telepele Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Boatnmaniac, thanks for the proposed solution, but this did not help. I get the same behaviour as described in my original question.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Oftentimes when we get the Don't add to Quicken message it is because Quicken thinks that it is already linked to the account. 
    There is a known issue where EWC+ accounts are sometimes being set up as hidden accounts.  To see if this issue might be affecting you:  Go to Account List and at the bottom left check the box for Show hidden accounts.  Then review the Account List to see if they might be now shown.
    If they are shown there you can unhide them:  Clicking on the Edit button for the account in question > Display Options tab > uncheck the box for "Hide account name in account bar and account list" > OKAre the accounts now visible in the Account Bar on the left?

• Telepele
    Telepele Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks again Boatnmaniac, but the account was not set up as a hidden account. Any other idea will be appriciated.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Telepele said:
    Thanks again Boatnmaniac, but the account was not set up as a hidden account. Any other idea will be appriciated.
    Hello @Telepele,  

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing, even after the earlier recommendations were utilized. Thank you for getting back to us with your results.

Have you seen the following Open Alert, regarding Bank of America, linked here? This situation could be related. Be sure to save a backup before making use of any of the instructions provided in the thread by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Telepele
    Telepele Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared, in one of my attempts to solve the problem I have already deacivated the account. When I click on the "Set up Now" in the online services of the account details, I go through the whole process with Bank of America. It shows me all the accounts that I have at BofA but this specific account is marked with "Don't add to Quicken". As mentioned earlier, it seems that some internal flag at my Quicken is set erronously.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @Telepele - Another thing you could try doing:  File > Validate & Repair File > check the box for Validate File > OK.  This process can fix some data file and program file issues.
    Once completed, try doing Add Account, again.
    If that does not resolve the issue, you might want to try:
    • Add a new Offline credit card account.  You can name it what you want but be sure to leave the Financial Institution Information fields blank.
    • Try doing Add Account, again.
    Did either of these things help to resolve the issue?
    If not, I suggest you set up a new data file (File > New Quicken File), do not turn on Mobile & Web Sync and name it TEST.  Go through the Add Account process for BOA.  Let us know the results.

• Telepele
    Telepele Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac, thanks again. Here are the results of trying your proposed fixes:

- the validate and repair came back with unrelated small fixes, but I still could not add the vredit card account.

- I added another offline credit card account and tried adding an account. It did not fix the issue, but I noticed somthing that could serve as a clue. In the list of acounts that is downloaded from BofA, the same line with the BofA credit card account was listed with the name I gave it in Quicken (in the column titled "Nickname in Quicken". This proves that there is some link in Quicken between the BofA account and the correct Quicken account. However, no transactions are being downloaded and the Online Services in the Account Details shows that it is not connected (I get the "Set up now" button)

- I have set up a nre TEST Quicken file and added my BofA accounts. All synced up correctly including the specific credit card account that I have a problem with.

Hope that this provides you with more clues.
  • Telepele
    Telepele Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac, @Quicken Jared
    Whom should I contact at Quicken to try resolving this issue?
    Gideon
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Telepele said:
    @Boatnmaniac, @Quicken Jared
    Whom should I contact at Quicken to try resolving this issue?
    Gideon
    Getting a test file to add all the accounts successfully when that doesn't happen in the main data file can indicate that there is perhaps some sort of corruption in your main data file.  But that is not definitive.
    Being that the Alert workaround/fix and these other suggestions did not resolve the issue you are experiencing it leaves me at a bit of a loss on what else to do.  Perhaps someone else will pop in with some additional ideas.  And if I can at some point think of anything else I will be sure to post back here.
    At this point, perhaps it would be best to contact Quicken Support directly via Phone and Chat:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.  Note:
    • If the Phone and Chat buttons do not work, turn off your popup blockers or whitelist Quicken.com and try, again.
    • If you have Quicken Premier or Home & Business you have Premium Phone Support or you might have paid extra for it.  This will give you priority in the phone queue line.  To get this level of phone support, log into your online Quicken.com account or go to Help > Manage Your Subscription > My Quicken Account and use the phone number listed there.

• Telepele
    Telepele Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken support provided a solution. I have restored a backup database from before the migration and started the migration all over again. This time everything worked fine.
This discussion has been closed.