"Biller requires a one-time verification code to link to your accounts."

Options
I am using Quicken Mac, newest version. Since the last update, I am unable to sync my CoMed bills. I get this error every day, " ComEd requires a one-time verification code to link to your accounts", and am unable to get my recent bills. Please let me know if there is anything I can try on my end of fix this error.
Tagged:

Comments

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    ^not necessarily an error, but it's a major inconvenience to re-connect my biller everyday.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am using Quicken Mac, newest version. Since the last update, I am unable to sync my CoMed bills. I get this error every day, " ComEd requires a one-time verification code to link to your accounts", and am unable to get my recent bills. Please let me know if there is anything I can try on my end of fix this error.
    Does this message contain any information / questions about where to send the verification code to?
    Can you capture an image file (type PNG, JPG or GIF) of the error message and drag and drop the image file into your next comment, please?

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, there is an option to select my phone number from he drop down where I receive the message. I am able to connect if after that, but its just a bit cumbersome to do this on a daily basis. I am also unable to actually download my bill through quicken as well.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried to "Repair Online Biller"?

If that doesn't work, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    Where is the repair online biller located in Quicken Mac?
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @UKR
    I have followed your discussion with "nothingclever" and have the same question he has.
    Where do I find Repair Online Biller?  I have looked what seems to be everywhere but have not located that option/instruction.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jobworker said:
    @UKR
    I have followed your discussion with "nothingclever" and have the same question he has.
    Where do I find Repair Online Biller?  I have looked what seems to be everywhere but have not located that option/instruction.
    I don't know where it is in Q Mac. In Q Windows you can find it in the Bills & Income view when clicking the Settings gear icon then Review and Repair, Review and Repair Online Billers.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @UKR
    Thanks for the comeback.  Well that explains it as we do not have that feature in Mac Quicken.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @UKR 
    What I failed to mention is that when there is a problem with an account a Red flag appears on the line item in question and when one clicks that an attempt is made to reconnect and establish the link with the Payee concerned  However , I have not had that happen because of a need for One-Time Verification code.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I agree. This still is an ongoing issue. Bill pay on quicken is pretty broken
This discussion has been closed.