Balance column removed from Banking Transactions view (Q Mac 6.10.1)

rponesoul
rponesoul Member ✭✭
As of v6.10.1 I have received confirmation that the Account Balance column has been removed as an option to display in the Banking Transactions view. Losing this column is a deal breaker for me as a many years user of Quicken. I use this view to project a few weeks into the future with all my scheduled transactions loaded. If this column isn't restored very soon I'll be looking for a replacement for Quicken.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    I don't understand what you're asking.... the Balance column is still present for bank account in Transaction view.. and reflects all future scheduled transactions (according to the time window selected in the clock/time drop-down at the top right corner of the register/transaction list).

What used to work that doesn't work now?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• rponesoul
    rponesoul Member ✭✭
    Attached are the columns that are available to me after upgrading to v6.10.1.
  • rponesoul
    rponesoul Member ✭✭
    To clarify, before v6.10.1, I could view the account balance in-line with each transaction to see my balance after that debit or credit was applied.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    That looks like the column list for an account group, not an individual account. I don't think QMac has ever showed a Balance column for account groups (it's a topic that comes up occasionally), it's only available in the register for individual accounts.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• rponesoul
    rponesoul Member ✭✭
    Yes, it's an individual account. I selected my checking account from the filters, but even then, the Balance column isn't available to select.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Filtering an account group to view the transactions from just one account won't get you the balance column back. You need to select an individual account in the account sidebar.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• rponesoul
    rponesoul Member ✭✭
    @Jon Thanks so much, that solved it! All of this frustration occurred because after I upgraded to v6.10.1 I wasn't presented with the same view as I'm used to. I was shown a dashboard and it took awhile to even find Banking/Transactions. So, to anyone from Quicken reading this, please don't change the default view for a user after an upgrade!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @rponesoul There's actually not a "default view"; Quicken will open whatever window(s) you had open the last time you quit Quicken. I always leave my checking account open when I quit Quicken, and it opens with that account the next time I launch Quicken. Perhaps if you had the Home page Overview open before the upgrade, it opened on the new Home page Dashboard screen after the upgrade? In any case, accounts have always been accessed via the left sidebar, and nothing about the latest upgrade changed that. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.