Is there a way to customize what I see on the dashboard? (Q Mac)

Options
Snapper794
Snapper794 Member
edited November 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Currently there is uncategorized transactions, top spending by category, payee, and recent transactions. Thank you.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Snapper794 The version 6.10 release is the first iteration of the Home Dashboard. The developers have made clear it's not complete. They're planning to add more functionality over time, both to offer more views into your data and in order to phase out the old Overview page — which was static and not-customizable.

This is often the way the Quicken Mac development team works: release a viable new feature which doesn't have every bell and whistle to see how it is received by the user community and gauge what additional functionality is needed. While it can seem frustrating to have a partially-baked feature and have to wait for more functionality, consider the alternative: if they waited to release a new feature until they built in every piece of functionality they can think of, it might take many months of additional development work until we saw it at all — and if they miss the mark on any aspects of implementation, they have to go back and re-do work they've already done. 

I'd expect to see additional functionality for the Dashboard page over the next few releases. As they add more "cards" to the page, I'd also expect to see more customizability for them. Currently, you can simply drag the four cards around to change the order (similar to the Dashboard in investing accounts). There's really no need to be able to resize them or turn some off, but once they add more cards, I'd expect to see more ability to customize the screen to what you do and don't want to see. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    [Moderators:  this topic does not belong in the Reports forum]

The four tiles in the Dashboard are the only options.  You can drag any tile to another position, can set the time period for each tile, and can choose a color background for the title bar of each tile.   (I prefer the default no-color, but like the idea of setting a color to remind me that something in that tile requires attention.)

That's about it as far as I know.

What would you like to see?  Post your wishes in the Mac ideas forum:
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas-quicken-for-mac

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Snapper794 The version 6.10 release is the first iteration of the Home Dashboard. The developers have made clear it's not complete. They're planning to add more functionality over time, both to offer more views into your data and in order to phase out the old Overview page — which was static and not-customizable.

This is often the way the Quicken Mac development team works: release a viable new feature which doesn't have every bell and whistle to see how it is received by the user community and gauge what additional functionality is needed. While it can seem frustrating to have a partially-baked feature and have to wait for more functionality, consider the alternative: if they waited to release a new feature until they built in every piece of functionality they can think of, it might take many months of additional development work until we saw it at all — and if they miss the mark on any aspects of implementation, they have to go back and re-do work they've already done. 

I'd expect to see additional functionality for the Dashboard page over the next few releases. As they add more "cards" to the page, I'd also expect to see more customizability for them. Currently, you can simply drag the four cards around to change the order (similar to the Dashboard in investing accounts). There's really no need to be able to resize them or turn some off, but once they add more cards, I'd expect to see more ability to customize the screen to what you do and don't want to see. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.