Can no longer update scheduled transactions (Q Mac)

Options
joephoto
joephoto Member ✭✭
Up until the current release, I was able to change any value in a scheduled transaction. I am now unable to change any value (category, amount, etc.) in a scheduled transaction unless I record the transaction as either paid or deposited.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Double click the transaction, then click Edit All Instances in the blue bar that appears beneath the transaction. When editing the current instance of the transaction, you are only allowed to change the date and/or amount. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • joephoto
    joephoto Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RickO said:
    > Double click the transaction, then click Edit All Instances in the blue bar that appears beneath the transaction. When editing the current instance of the transaction, you are only allowed to change the date and/or amount. 

I know HOW to do that, and have been doing so for years. And I used to be able to change any field in a scheduled transaction, not just the date or amount, so the answer is incorrect. Except now I can not change any field in a scheduled transaction, whether date, amount, or anything else.
  • joephoto
    joephoto Member ✭✭
    Options
    To clarify the problem, when I go to Edit Schedule or Edit All Instances and try to change a field such as the dollar amount, it lets me type in the new value, but upon hitting OK to save the change, the value still shows the old value before the change. Therefore the change is not accepted.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    joephoto said:
    I used to be able to change any field in a scheduled transaction, not just the date or amount, so the answer is incorrect.
    I'm sorry, but that's actually not correct. It has never been possible in modern Quicken Mac to edit all fields of just the next instance of a scheduled transaction.

joephoto said:
    To clarify the problem, when I go to Edit Schedule or Edit All Instances and try to change a field such as the dollar amount, it lets me type in the new value, but upon hitting OK to save the change, the value still shows the old value before the change. Therefore the change is not accepted.
    Ah, I understand what you're describing now. Try this: after you enter the new amount, press Tab to exit that field, or click in another field, then press OK. The change will now stick. They key is moving out of the field you've edited before pressing OK. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • joephoto
    joephoto Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    > I'm sorry, but that's actually not correct. It has never been possible in modern Quicken Mac to edit all fields of just the next instance of a scheduled transaction.
    > Ah, I understand what you're describing now. Try this: after you enter the new amount, press Tab to exit that field, or click in another field, then press OK. The change will now stick. They key is moving out of the field you've edited before pressing OK. 

That worked, but it is definitely a change in functionality from prior versions, as you used to be able to change field and just hit ok. Thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    joephoto said:
    That worked, but it is definitely a change in functionality from prior versions, as you used to be able to change field and just hit ok. Thanks.
    I agree that this has recently changed. I've called it to the attention of the product manager. I don't know if they'll consider this a "bug" worth fixing, but since it's different behavior than editing text in other places in the program, I would think it might be a fixable issue. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.