Bank Of America Future Scheduled Transactions no longer downloading

gtc
gtc Member
Since the reauthorization process with Bank Of America the future scheduled transactions are not downloading. This is a very helpful feature. Does BOA know about this? Can this be fixed?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Downloading of scheduled transactions is only possible with Direct Connect when the Bank Bill Pay process is used because the scheduled transactions are then linked with Quicken via 2-way communications.
    Other connection methods, including the new Express Web Connect+ process, are 1-way communications methods that only download transactions after they have posted at the financial institution.  Since scheduled transactions have not yet processed and posted, they cannot be downloaded.
    If you want scheduled transactions at financial institutions that are not set up with DC Bank Bill Pay included in your account register(s) in Quicken you will need to manually enter them or wait for them to download after they are processed and posted.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• gtc
    gtc Member
    Then how do I get BOA to use Direct Connect. It was before the change to authorization
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    gtc said:
    Then how do I get BOA to use Direct Connect. It was before the change to authorization
    You can't.  Bank of America dropped Direct Connect in favor of Express Web Connect +.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    gtc said:
    Unfortunately, you cannot get DC with BOA anymore.  They made the decision to stop supporting DC.  They do not accept any new DC connections anymore.  Those who have had DC have been forced to convert to EWC+ which is what the reauthorization process did.  Those who do not convert will no longer be able to download transactions from BOA at all.
    It isn't just BOA that is going in this direction (dropping support for DC).  Other financial institutions that have already done this include Schwab, PayPal, Capital One and Chase.  Others will be following suit but we do not yet know which ones and when.  The financial institutions are part of a consortium that developed a new connection protocol called FDX.  EWC+ is Intuit's and Quicken's response to FDX.  This consortium is driving to make this new connection protocol the new industry standard.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.