Can you tell me what this means?

Options
drawing
drawing Member
"This is an older copy of a file that is using Quicken Cloud. You can’t use connected services with this file unless you reset Quicken Cloud using the data from this file, which will disable Quicken Cloud for other copies of this file.”

Will I wipe out my account information? I am using Mac Monterey and the latest update of Quicken.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    As long as you are sure that the current version of the file that you have open is current and up to date, then you can go ahead and reset the cloud. The data stored in the cloud will be overwritten from the file you currently have open, but the contents of that file will not be changed.

Did you open a copy of the file, perhaps on another machine? That's what usually causes this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • drawing
    drawing Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by up to date. My register is up to date with the last time I was able to download from my bank which was in August. All my programs are up to date with the newest versions. I am going to have to reset my user ID and log in info though for my bank in order to get into my bank account. It seems the message I am getting from Quicken is that I am using “an older version of the file.” If they mean my register, it is up to date from my last download from the bank, but my bank now has newer files to download through Quicken.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    By up to date, I mean that the registers contain the latest of all downloaded and manually entered transactions. There is no other file that has more recent transactions. If the bank has newer transactions that have never been downloaded, that doesn't matter. But if you have transactions entered or downloaded in the mobile app that have not been synced to the desktop file, you would lose those by doing the reset.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • drawing
    drawing Member
    Options
    I tried what you suggested and Quicken updated the wrong account at the right bank. I have two accounts. I tried suspending the account in my register which I did not want to update, but this still did not work. How do I go into the account numbers given to me by the bank to check and make sure my main account is updating. Also, will Quicken update again, as it has already updated my computer albeit to the wrong account. This is 2 months worth of business register information at this point posted into another account register.
  • saherrera
    saherrera Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I read through, seems like, most of this year's Q&As about the "older copy of file in the [Q] Cloud" issue. My problem with this issue started when I transferred my current data file to a new computer. (TTax said my old Mac is too old for doing 2022 taxes. :( ) I do not currently do any syncing of bank/credit/investment accounts or have Quicken on my phone, just want a backup copy in the Q Cloud.

I finally decided to try renaming my current data file and then doing the "reset the Cloud" step in the popup window. It seems to have worked.

I have been using Quicken forever. Each time I have a problem with Quicken, I rename the file using the format: [name]letter. I have gone completely through the alphabet once and am halfway through a second time.

Hang in there y'all! :)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @saherrera Yes, it's the resetting of the Cloud which resolves this message.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.