Why does Kohls take so long to update? Takes several minutes

Options
Ryan77
Ryan77 Member ✭✭
I am ok with the delay in the account update process for the multi-factor authentication. But when compared to my other account with USAA the Kohl's account takes several minutes to complete and we are talking about one account with maybe 3 transactions a month.
Here is what's happening:

1. I click on the update accounts button
2. A Kohls window pops up asking me to select which phone number it should use for my one-time passcode
3. I select my phone number
4. Within 2 seconds I get a text message with the OTP from Kohl's
5. Quicken is stuck at a processing screen with the spinning circle in the middle like its still trying to communicate with Kohls. This can last 2 mins or more
6. Quick presents the pop-up :( :/ :/ with a field that I can enter the OTP in and hit submit.
7. I enter the OTP and hit submit
8. The account is updated

While I am waiting for step 5, I can not use the program the pop-up window has the program virtually locked up. This doesn't occur with my other account with MFA USAA each screen is immediate and flows well.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan77 said:
    I am ok with the delay in the account update process for the multi-factor authentication. But when compared to my other account with USAA the Kohl's account takes several minutes to complete and we are talking about one account with maybe 3 transactions a month.
    Here is what's happening:

1. I click on the update accounts button
    2. A Kohls window pops up asking me to select which phone number it should use for my one-time passcode
    3. I select my phone number
    4. Within 2 seconds I get a text message with the OTP from Kohl's
    5. Quicken is stuck at a processing screen with the spinning circle in the middle like its still trying to communicate with Kohls. This can last 2 mins or more
    6. Quick presents the pop-up :(:/:/ with a field that I can enter the OTP in and hit submit.
    7. I enter the OTP and hit submit
    8. The account is updated

While I am waiting for step 5, I can not use the program the pop-up window has the program virtually locked up. This doesn't occur with my other account with MFA USAA each screen is immediate and flows well.
    Hello @Ryan77,  

I am sorry to hear about these problems with slow updates. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting your computer? Also, you may attempt to uninstall the software by making use of the instructions provided here, then waiting 5 seconds or so and reinstalling it using these instructions.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ryan77
    Ryan77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Jared

I have rebooted several times as this has been happening since MFA was turned on with Kohls. In fact, I think I've had 3 mac OS upgrades the most recent one yesterday to Mac OS Ventura. My laptop is rebooted every 2 to 3 months. Also, quicken is kept up to date and I am on the latest version as well.

I will try the complete uninstall and reinstall tomorrow.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I, too, have a Kohl's card and it takes a very long time to update for me as well.  I am using Windows so i do not think this is an OS issue.

For me, Kohl's usually requires 2FA whenever I update the account.  It is the only card I have that consistently requires this.  Sometimes, when I cancel the 2FA request Kohl's will update properly anyway but usually it will not update at all. 

My guess, not sure, is that this 2FA thing is what is likely behind the slowlness because when I don't get the 2FA request popup Kohl's seems to update quite a bit faster. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.