Are these instructions even valid anymore?

Options
gringostar
gringostar Member ✭✭
I like it that Quicken sent me a link with instructions on how to fix my error code when trying to connect with my bank. But when I click on the instructions, this is what I get. (Note that I could not find "Troubleshooting" or "At your financial institution" anywhere. Are these old instructions and Quicken has just let them expire and not inform the consumer? I feel like I'm missing something?

Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts.
In the List column, find the account(s) causing the error and uncheck any accounts with this bank (be sure to uncheck all accounts with the bank, even if they're not showing an error). NOTE: If you don't have any accounts checked in the List column, skip this step and click OK.
In the Account View, highlight each account (one at a time) and click the Settings button on the bottom right of screen.
Under the At Your Financial Institution section, click on Troubleshooting, then click on Deactivate Downloads.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 to deactivate each account for the affected bank.
Step 2: Reactivate and link the account(s)

Click on Set up transaction download in Settings.
At the bottom of the window that lists the banks, click the My bank is not listed question mark to update the bank list; when the list finishes updating, it should display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
Type the name of your bank and select it from the list, then enter your login credentials and click Continue.
Quicken will display a list of all accounts you have with this bank. Carefully link each of these accounts to the appropriate account you've set up in Quicken.
NOTE: this process will download up to 90 days of transactions from your bank. If you find duplicate transactions in your account(s), you can delete these transactions from the account register.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because of the "Business" reference, it looks to me like this might be instructions for QWin, rather than QMac.  There is no business version of QMac.
    What specific error/code are you getting.  Others on this forum (I'm a QWin user) might be able to help you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gringostar
    gringostar Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Because of the "Business" reference, it looks to me like this might be instructions for QWin, rather than QMac.  There is no business version of QMac.What specific error/code are you getting.  Others on this forum (I'm a QWin user) might be able to help you.

I have no idea how "Quicken Business Verison" got into there. I have edited it. I don't see "Troubleshooting" anywhere.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Replace this "Under the At Your Financial Institution section, click on Troubleshooting, then click on Deactivate Downloads." with "In the Downloads section, click Disconnet Account". Otherwise I think these instructions are correct for the current version.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.