Quicken 6.10.2 (Build 610.463306.100) hangs when restoring from backup

Pradeep
Pradeep Member ✭✭
Mac OS 11.7

When restoring from backup, it just hangs on "setting up" screen. I tried many different backup files and locations to restore. Same problem. Can really use help..

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Pradeep said:
    Mac OS 11.7

When restoring from backup, it just hangs on "setting up" screen. I tried many different backup files and locations to restore. Same problem. Can really use help..
    Hello @Pradeep,    

I am sorry to hear about these problems with hanging when trying to restore backups. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting your computer? Also, you may attempt to uninstall the software by making use of the instructions provided here, then waiting 5 seconds or so and reinstalling it using these instructions.

Let us know what results from attempting this, if you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Pradeep
    Pradeep Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jared
    I tried everything that was suggested here.
    1. Reboot - Still hangs
    2. Uninstall - Reboot - Install - Still hangs

Any other suggestion. I have been with it for almost entire day.

Pradeep
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Pradeep said:
    @Quicken Jared
    I tried everything that was suggested here.
    1. Reboot - Still hangs
    2. Uninstall - Reboot - Install - Still hangs

Any other suggestion. I have been with it for almost entire day.

Pradeep
    Hello @Pradeep,        

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. Thanks for speaking with me about the developments following these troubleshooting attempts.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show "(Data File Name will be displayed here)" in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Make sure that the active data file is on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. 

Can you also tell me how often you save backups, and where you might be restoring them from? When you open Quicken, are you starting from the same data file, typically?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Pradeep
    Pradeep Member ✭✭
    @jared
    Thanks. I called support and problem is resolved but I am writing here to complete the thread.
    To answer your question - My backup files were on the local hard disk. Actually same hard disk where quicken is installed. But these files were in place easily reachable but NOT in default library area.

But this did not made the difference.
    What worked:

1. Uninstall the program
    2. Delete quicken plist files from "/Library/Preferences
    3. Empty trash
    4. reinstall quicken
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Pradeep Thanks for taking the time to post how your problem was resolved, for the benefit of others. 

We can't test it now, but I suspect that uninstalling and reinstalling the program may have been unnecessary, and that only Step #2 above might have resolved the issue. (That is, simply deleting the plist files, or moving them out of the /Library/Preferences folder so Quicken would re-generate them on its next launch.)

In any case, I'm glad you're back up and running!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.