Need a new computer for my Quicken Home and Office please

Options
GegeB
GegeB Member
I have managed 3 small businesses and work FT as an instructor for over 23 years. I relied on Dells to support the bookkeeping software (and work on an Apple) because Home & Business can not operate on an Apple. I need a light compact laptop to replace my dying Dell Lattitude immediately. What is the best laptop (PC) for this software that I can take with me to do the books (on vacation)? I would also like it to download quickly from the various banking and financial sites (which I understand is also respectful of the sites too). Thank you.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or maybe even better, use a 17" laptop (Inspiron 17). It has a full size keyboard with numeric keypad and a larger screen. Over the years, I've been using several of these.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything in the $1500 range of Microsoft laptop/surface pro should do the job.  Just make sure that it runs a full version of Windows.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GegeB
    GegeB Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. What about HP or Lenovo?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GegeB said:
    Thank you for responding. What about HP or Lenovo?
    That a good question for PCMag or CNet, we do Quicken here, not computer brand evaluations.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a Asus with full keyboard and number pad that works great and is very skinny and light.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I avoid HP & Dell. Neither lets you have full control of your PC. And HP is downright obnoxious. I like Asus, who allows more access to BIOS & such.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.