Will changing checking account name affect anything else

Options
If I change my checking account name from "My Checking" to just "Checking" does anything else become affected?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If all you change is the name of the checking account then you can relax.  The only things that will be affected by that are things that you would want to be affected:
    • Transfer transactions for [My Checking] will all be updated to [Checking].
    • Bill, Income and Transfer Reminders for your checking account will all be update like this, as well.
    • Reports will all be updated to show Checking instead of My Checking.
    • Tools (like Tax Planner and Budget) will all be updated like this, as well.
    • There will be no impact to the checking account online services connection (if you are downloading into it).
    So, go ahead.  Make the change and be comfortable that everything will be fine. 

But if you are feeling a bit uneasy about it, you could backup your data file, make the change and check out the results.  If you see something you don't like, you can then restore the backup file and everything will be like it was before you changed the account name.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If all you change is the name of the checking account then you can relax.  The only things that will be affected by that are things that you would want to be affected:
    • Transfer transactions for [My Checking] will all be updated to [Checking].
    • Bill, Income and Transfer Reminders for your checking account will all be update like this, as well.
    • Reports will all be updated to show Checking instead of My Checking.
    • Tools (like Tax Planner and Budget) will all be updated like this, as well.
    • There will be no impact to the checking account online services connection (if you are downloading into it).
    So, go ahead.  Make the change and be comfortable that everything will be fine. 

But if you are feeling a bit uneasy about it, you could backup your data file, make the change and check out the results.  If you see something you don't like, you can then restore the backup file and everything will be like it was before you changed the account name.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Robert Kester
    Options
    Thank you. I have used Quicken from almost the very beginning and can remember when making changes or installing an update could often be catastrophic. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.