R44.28 is automatically adding downloaded & "clearing" transactions to register..

Options
Since installing R44.28, downloaded transactions are being automatically entered and "cleared" in register; ...... settings are set to NOT automatically add downloads to register...; but that's exactly what it is doing, and I don't like it; ... think about uninstalling Quicken

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Any transaction that is downloaded from your bank/card/broker/etc is BY DEFINITION, "cleared" ... it has cleared the Financial Institution.
    Perhaps you misunderstood the meaning of "cleared", or were attempting to use it in some other way.
    The status of any transaction in Q is:
    • " " (blank), meaning that you've recorded it, but the Financial Institution hasn't yet seen it
    • "c" (cleared) the FI has seen it and downloaded it to you
    • "R" (Reconciled) you've received a statement from the FI and matched the transaction to that statement.
    How did you set the transactions to NOT "Automatically Add to Register"?  You should click EDIT, Preferences, Downloaded Transactions and UNcheck the 2 "Automatically add ..." options at the top of the dialog.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• David Allan Haynes
    Options
    Excuse me but I am referring to the "match" download process; now downloaded entries are automatically matched and marked "C" for Cleared.... I prefer to manually match downloads with those I have already entered. In "Preferences", I have always had the "Downloaded Transactions" set to NOT "Automatically Add to Banking Register"...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check the setting for the given account, it can override the global setting.
    Account Details -> Online Services tab, there is some text that you can click on "Automatic entry is: XX".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.