Matching two loan payments to a single downloaded payment on Mac

Options
jtalcott
jtalcott Member
I have two loans through Telnet that are repaid in a single payment each month. However, the loan accounts in Quicken have two separate accounts (and therefore two separate payments that are created). Although some support documents seem to suggest that it is possible to match two payments to a single downloaded transaction, I can't seem to make that work in Mac. I can match one or the other (and resolve one duplicate payment instance in the register), but have no way to handle the other. Is there something I am missing?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Create an Intermediate account and make your single transfer from checking into that account.
    THEN, post the 2 separate loan payments FROM that account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I don't think there's any way to merge the two payment reminders created by the loan accounts. The best you could do would be to turn those off and create a new bill on the Bills & Income tab that would be a split transaction showing the principal & interest for both loans. After marking the bill as paid each month, you'd have to update the transaction with the correct interest & principal amounts for each loan, since it won't update those automatically.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.