Losing edits when doing online update of accounts

SethSea
SethSea Member ✭✭
Recently I started doing mid-cycle online updates of my accounts to reconcile balances. However, Quicken is overwriting updated transactions. That is Quicken is downloading previously downloaded transactions, wiping out my edits, flagging the transactions as unreviewed, and un-reconciled.

Does anyone have advice on how to prevent this? Is it a bug in Quicken? A problem with the financial institution?

Quicken Mac Version 6.10.2 (Build 610.46306.100)

Thank you for your assistance in resolving this frustrating issue.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Do you have Sync turned on in Preferences > Connected Services? If so try turning it off.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • SethSea
    SethSea Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion however I do not see an option to turn off Connected Services (see screen shot). I did a reset to see if that will help but it is too early to tell. It appears to me that Quicken always refresh transactions from the last closing at the financial institution. Unfortunately, I have not paid enough attention to know if it is all the my accounts or a specific one.
  • SethSea
    SethSea Member ✭✭
    I don't see the screen shot. I'll try again.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @SethSea You turn of syncing to Quicken Cloud on the Preferences > Mobile Web & Alerts screen, not Preferences > Connected Services. (I know, clear as mud, right?) Turn Sync to OFF. Then you might want to return to the Connected Service page and click Reset to remove the existing data in Quicken's cloud server. That will prevent the data in the cloud from overwriting the data in your desktop file. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • SethSea
    SethSea Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification. The setting was already off. I'll keep a better log of the conditions when overwriting of previous edit occurs to see if I can pinpoint a cause. Thank you for your tips.
This discussion has been closed.