Can't shut off investing.quicken.com

Options
26@harrich
26@harrich Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have a number of investments which are unlisted, and I price manually. investing.quicken.com can't seem to accept my prices, and prices them all at $1/share making the balances and analysis there pretty much useless. Fortunately, my brokerage does provide me with a tool that works.

However, I keep turning off the automatic update to investing.quicken.com, and something keeps turning it back on. At times, I find myself wondering why Intuit wants my share information so badly.
Harry

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you looked into Edit / Preferences / investing.quicken.com portfolio and unchecked all accounts from the list?
    And have you looked into Tools / One Step Update Settings? If there's a selection for Update investing.quicken.com, have you unchecked that setting, then clicked Apply, Update Now to save the change?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This has been a bug for more years than I can remember.
    It seems that when certain updates are pushed out, they change the configuration files that control this.

So, what I ended up doing is selecting on closed account and selecting "Sending my symbols only".  That results in it not sending anything to investing.quicken.com.  If you deselect everything when the option to download gets turned back on (and it will) it will complain about nothing being selected.  So, this is my workaround.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • 26@harrich
    26@harrich Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Chris. It doesn't solve my problem, but at least I know I'm not thumb-fingering the options every time.
    Harry
This discussion has been closed.