Related download question--reconciling *way* off

Options
DHClem
DHClem Member ✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this has to do with some accounts not reconciling with the new JPM/Chase procedures that I identified earlier. But, now ½ of my accounts are well off,..from $1000 to 10 or even 100 times that.  Something his very wrong. If a fix is not in the offing, am I going to have to delete the entire accounts. Do I lose any older data if I do?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If you delete an account, you would delete all the transaction data for that account. Deleting an account should only be a last resort if all other attempts to resolve a problem have failed. 

Have you tried reconciling one of your accounts to a bank statement, rather than an online balance? If this is off, can you go back a few months or to the start of the year, and verify if your Quicken reconciled balance matches the bank statement for that time period. Then work forward in time until you find the source of the discrepancy. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DHClem
    DHClem Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Jacobs.  No, I have not yet.  Because, these investment accounts are just replete as you know, with not only amounts, but prices, etc., that make it overwhelmingly time-consuming (not impossible...simply no-time-in-the-day). Thanks...I'll hold off deleting. I'll check the statement.
  • DHClem
    DHClem Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    NEW:  JPM confirms:  all of your eligible accounts have successfully connected to Quicken using FDX connection. You can verify this information by going to Security > Go to Security Center > Linked apps and websites > Quicken. At this time, that is as far as we are able to troubleshoot your Quicken connection on our end.

>>>> So, they all reconciled BEFORE, and now some of so far off as to be nuts. Any other ideas?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    We can't see your data, so it's hard to suggest what you should do beyond that I wrote above: pick a point int he past where you can compare your Quicken reconciled balance to an actual bank statement, and then move backward or forward in time until you can pinpoint where things are off. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.