American Funds

Options
JamesDaniel
JamesDaniel Member ✭✭
I have been getting error messages since Saturday with American Funds stating that Quicken cannot connect to the Capital Advisors/American Funds website. I have called American Funds and they are researching the issue. Has anyone else had this same issue? I use a Mac, but I am curious about this for both Windows and Mac users.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In QWin, American Funds Retirement Plan is shown as being a Participating Financial Institution for 401k accounts and using Web Connect.
    There's no other reference, in FIDIR.TXT, to "American Funds".
    I don't have any accounts with them, so I can't test whether that connection is working.
    There were no references to "Capital Advisors".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JamesDaniel
    JamesDaniel Member ✭✭
    Options
    It was actually Capital Group (not Capital Advisors). I believe I resolved the issue. American Funds' instructions on the web say to use an SSN for the user name, but this is not correct. Apparently, Quicken did an update over the weekend that caused American Funds' accounts with a SSN as the username not to work. I had to delete all my American Funds' accounts and open new ones with the correct username (fund number, account number). As of this morning, it was working. I spent a lot of time with American Funds IT yesterday and they were helpful.
This discussion has been closed.