Can I prevent automatic stock price updates for a particular stock/ticker?

Options
dxlangley
dxlangley Member
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
The downloaded quote for DRE (Duke Realty) is regularly (ie almost always) off by an order of magnitude ($400+ instead of $40+). Is there a way I can prevent the automatic updates just for this stock price, as it messes up the total account value every time I update?

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can uncheck "download quotes" for that security on the Security List and it won't update the price when you download.

Note that from what I can see Duke Realty is a private company and the ticker DRE is not found (in Quicken or on Yahoo Finance).  I suspect you might be getting the price for something with a ticker that is similar to DRE (maybe it contains the letters DRE) since the Quicken quote service can't update DRE. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to Tools > Security list, find the problem security, and un-check the Download Quotes box. It appears that Quicken's quote provider does not have a match for DRE.

If that doesn't fix it, the security may be matched to the wrong security at your broker. Post back for more instructions if that is the case.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just checked with Fidelity Investments ... and couldn't find a quote for DRE. 
    Perhaps, is this a CDN security and you're running Q Canada?
    AND, Duke Realty was acquired by Prologis in June 2022.  Check with your broker re: this.  Prologis is currently about $110

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:

AND, Duke Realty was acquired by Prologis in June 2022.  Check with your broker re: this.  Prologis is currently about $110
    If this is the case then you should have a transaction exchanging Duke Realty for Prologis back in June.  As @NotACPA said, you should check with your broker if you don't see this transaction in your account.
  • dxlangley
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their quick responses. I've unchecked the quote update box for Duke Realty, so all should be well from now on. When I clicked on the Quotes and Charts Online for the security it took me to the DOW Jones Reit Index and that it where the price quote was coming from. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.