Paycheck taxes, 401(k) amounts, etc incorrect on old transactions

Options
earlem
earlem Member ✭✭
Quicken Windows has started to change old paycheck details to be the same as the most recent paycheck.
This is broken on reports, the split detail popup, and the paycheck amount screen.
All my historical data is broken -- the old thing that is still shown correctly is the deposit amount on the check register.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you use the paycheck wizard to enter your paychecks in the Charles Schwab checking account? If so, it could be the paycheck corruption issue that started occurring in March. Please have a look at this discussion covering that issue:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kermitt73
    Options
    I noticed the paycheck issue when I did a validation and had all numerous paychecks with uncategorized transactions. As folks have mentioned, the net was right. But the splits were off. I spent several hours over 3 days manually correcting these splits. Today, I see they have reverted back to the incorrect data. Again, net is right, but splits are not. Quicken is taking my latest paycheck amount and applying it retroactively to 4 years worth of previous paychecks. I don't want to redo this and have it happen again. And I don't want to leave Quicken, but I will have to if I can't trust the data. If dumping Quicken is the best option, what would be a comparable program. BTW, I run Quicken Premiere. Thanks.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kermitt73 said:
    I noticed the paycheck issue when I did a validation and had all numerous paychecks with uncategorized transactions. As folks have mentioned, the net was right. But the splits were off. I spent several hours over 3 days manually correcting these splits. Today, I see they have reverted back to the incorrect data. Again, net is right, but splits are not. Quicken is taking my latest paycheck amount and applying it retroactively to 4 years worth of previous paychecks. I don't want to redo this and have it happen again. And I don't want to leave Quicken, but I will have to if I can't trust the data. If dumping Quicken is the best option, what would be a comparable program. BTW, I run Quicken Premiere. Thanks.
    Likely not the answer you will like, but based on prior discussions on this issue, the only sure fix is to restore a backup from before the issue occurred (likely from early March 2022) and redownload/re-enter the transactions from March to current date. 

This forum is paid for by Quicken Inc. No discussions about competing financial programs are allowed. Try a google search instead.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.