11/9/22: For the past 3 or 4 days, Quicken not downloading Costco Card account.

Options
king7178
king7178 Member ✭✭
For the past three or four days, ONLY on my Costco account from Citibank, I get the download error message (128) which says "Quicken Is unable to update your account, try again tomorrow." This was happening back in May of 2022 but the issue was finally resolved, or so I thought. Now it's back again for me. I'm on a Mac running operating system Ventura 13.0 and Safari 16.1

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king7178 said:
    For the past three or four days, ONLY on my Costco account from Citibank, I get the download error message (128) which says "Quicken Is unable to update your account, try again tomorrow." This was happening back in May of 2022 but the issue was finally resolved, or so I thought. Now it's back again for me. I'm on a Mac running operating system Ventura 13.0 and Safari 16.1
    Hello @king7178,   

I am sorry to hear about these online banking service issues. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Note that there is an Open Alert regarding Citibank accounts that may be related to the situation you describe. You can view the link here for additional information and any future updates. If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your Costco Citibank-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried changing form Quicken Connect to Direct Connect?
    Note that you have to authorize this at CitiCards:

Log into your Citibank account on their website and select Profile -> More Settings.

Then select Manage Desktop Apps -> Add Access -> Continue

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.