Anyone having problems downloading transactions from Interactive Brokers after today's (11/8)update?

gfullmer@
gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I am getting 0 share amounts for transactions when downloaded from Interactive Brokers. It was working yesterday, but stopped working today after the most recent update.

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @gfullmer@

I would suggest that you sit tight for now.  Hopefully there will be a new version soon that does not prevent some users to have the issues we have observed.  This issue, oddly, is not affecting all users, so it may take some time to sort things out. For the interim, I would suggest that you stay on version that you are currently running.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The release notes for version 45.21:
    Version R45.21 (HF3) (Dec, 2022)
    What’s Fixed

·    Downloaded investment transactions for options trading with active puts and calls (short sale/cover short) did not include information such as shares (units) and price.
    ·    Synchronizing split transactions first created on mobile/web with Quicken desktop could result in losing the split categories.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    gfullmer@ said:
    I am getting 0 share amounts for transactions when downloaded from Interactive Brokers. It was working yesterday, but stopped working today after the most recent update.
    Hello @gfullmer@,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Interactive Brokers-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I hope to hear about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    From another thread - if you updated Quicken to 45.7, you need to go back to 44.28 and the share counts and prices will miraculously show up!
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Here is one of the other threads. there is also a link in this thread to another user who was having the same issue with TD Ameritrade. At least it is not only IB!
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923805/investment-imports-after-45-7-update#latest
  • gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Hi Jared,

I am using direct connect to my IB accounts. I have deactivated it and re-activated it a number of times with the same result - zero shares. and no price but it has the transactions. I did all you asked with the same results. Here is a list of some of the bad transactions. How do I get back to the previous version? Or is there a fix coming up in a new version? I upgraded on the 4th of November and then today. Still have the same problem.

Thanks,
    Glen

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    gfullmer@ said:
    Hi Jared,

I am using direct connect to my IB accounts. I have deactivated it and re-activated it a number of times with the same result - zero shares. and no price but it has the transactions. I did all you asked with the same results. Here is a list of some of the bad transactions. How do I get back to the previous version? Or is there a fix coming up in a new version? I upgraded on the 4th of November and then today. Still have the same problem.

Thanks,
    Glen

Hello @gfullmer@,         

I am sorry to hear that you seem to be affected by these issues, as well. Thank you for looking to this Quicken Community Discussion for more information, and for providing that helpful screenshot.

If this issue is being replicated across data files, and the connection method is Direct Connect, then it would be necessary to reach out to Interactive Brokers for additional assistance. The information is being stored on the financial institution's servers, so Quicken would not have access to any of the data. I recommend requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' agent or escalations team, as these individuals are more likely to possess knowledge of third party applications, and their assistance may be necessary in order to document and troubleshoot this issue.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared,

Interactive Brokers was the first people I contacted. They had me create a new temporary database and I ran the Direct Connect with the same results. They said I should contact Quicken. I did so with chat. We went through some of the same processes as the Interactive Brokers people had me do. Also on my own I also tried to download the data with web connect, and it failed as well. It seems to be a Quicken problem as it only started after the new release and as others stated in this thread, it seems to be a problem with the new Quicken release. Is there anyway to get the old release that was current on 11/4/2022? That seems to work, at least according to other comments in this thread and the link to:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923805/investment-imports-after-45-7-update#latest

Thanks,
    Glen
  • gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    I reverted back to version 44.28 from the latest and it appears to work OK. That means it is a Quicken problem with their newer versions of Quicken in Windows.
  • gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    Jared, when would be a good time to test the new versions? I don't want to do it until there is an upgrade beyond 45-7 and Quicken support has done something to try to fix it.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @gfullmer@

I would suggest that you sit tight for now.  Hopefully there will be a new version soon that does not prevent some users to have the issues we have observed.  This issue, oddly, is not affecting all users, so it may take some time to sort things out. For the interim, I would suggest that you stay on version that you are currently running.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jarod - other threads reporting the issue for both Interactive Brokers and TD Ameritrade. If you reinstall 44.28 without doing anything with the imported transactions - they "miraculously" reappear! I am providing this as proof that the problem was introduced in the first November update, and has not been fixed by the second. Go back to that last October update, and all is good.
  • Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue with Interactive Brokers. Last successful update was on 11/28. Please help!
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    I installed R44.28, ran One Step Update, the newly downloaded options transactions show the price and share count correctly.  However, the previously downloaded transactions that did not have such information remain so.  I need Quicken to fill in such information for those transactions.  What do I need to do?  Why does Quicken break at the most inconvenient time when we need to do tax loss harvesting and accounting at year end. I use Interactive Brokers.  Please help.  Thanks.

Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are saying that you now have duplicate transactions but one set does not include the prices and share counts, you should simply delete the defective transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I do not have duplicate transactions.  R44.28 does not fill in the missing information for the transactions that were downloaded before I reverted Quicken to 44.28.  See, e.g., screenshot below.   
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @WindowFinance,

Apparently, you may have (knowingly or unknowingly) accepted those incomplete transactions into your register before reverting to R44.28.  As it turns out, if a user had accepted those incomplete transactions and then afterwards reverted to an earlier release, then the data that was missing doesn't download.  However, if a user had not accepted those transactions, and then reverted to the earlier version, the complete data for those transactions appears.

Frankx

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To expand on @Frankx's comment, if you want to have the correct transactions downloaded, you would have to be running R44.28 and restore a backup from before the incorrect ones were downloaded. But then you would have to download or enter all the transactions in your other accounts since that date as well.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    When will Quicken get this fixed?
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx,  I must have had auto-accept on.  Can I "unaccept" or delete these incomplete transactions now and run One Step Update again to pull them from Interactive Brokers?  Would Quicken pull them again from the broker with complete information?  There are a lot of these incomplete transactions and filling in the information manually is a huge pain.  Thanks.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @WindowFinance

You can't "unaccept" them, but could delete them. But the one step update (or another Quicken download) for that specific account, will not re-download the data into this datafile. 

You could try a manual Quicken Web Connect file download from IBKR's website for the missing time frame. 

Frankx

• WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I tried manually downloading the transactions from IBKR website and opening the downloaded file but Quicken showed me the attached error message.  
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @WindowFinance,

Please take a look at the information presented in this LINK. and follow the instructions.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

• gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I accidentally hit continue which automatically uploaded 45.21 and it appears to work as I downloaded recent transactions. Did Quicken fix it and not tell us? :o

Glen
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The release notes for version 45.21:
    Version R45.21 (HF3) (Dec, 2022)
    What’s Fixed

·    Downloaded investment transactions for options trading with active puts and calls (short sale/cover short) did not include information such as shares (units) and price.
    ·    Synchronizing split transactions first created on mobile/web with Quicken desktop could result in losing the split categories.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.