Investment Imports after 45.7 Update?

Options
jmclellan
jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
All of my transactions from Interactive Brokers are coming in without the #of shares and prices since I installed the 45.7 Update. Commission is coming in, and the net cash is in the transactions to accept box. Takes a lot of work to look up every trade, put in the # of shares and price, and then make the net cash balance. Enter the transaction, then delete the transaction to accept. Crashes and freezes requiring closing and reopening Quicken are occurring also. I reported the errors, but have not called in to sit on hold yet.

Are other users having this issue also? Is it all brokerage transactions, or just Interactive Brokers?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jmclellan,

I believe that others are seeing this issue with other brokerage firms (e.g. - TDA see this thread ).  That user is also on 45.7, so you may want to consider rolling your version back to the last version you used.

Can you tell me the type of transaction that you are having this problem with - i.e. buy, sell, short-sale, options, etc.?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @jmclellan,

To answer your question above - No, you do not need to go to a backup file.  You only need to reverse the program update to an earlier version of the program.  You can then open your most recent data file and try the download process from your brokerage firm again.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jmclellan,

I believe that others are seeing this issue with other brokerage firms (e.g. - TDA see this thread ).  That user is also on 45.7, so you may want to consider rolling your version back to the last version you used.

Can you tell me the type of transaction that you are having this problem with - i.e. buy, sell, short-sale, options, etc.?

Frankx

• jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    All types of transactions! Buy, Sell, Short, Cover Short - even a covered call that was called out on Friday - neither the short option, or the stock being called away - none of the transactions had share quantities or prices. I mostly trade options, but the call-out proves it is the stock side also.
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The other part of your answer - since my data has been updated to the 45.7 release, to go back, I would have to restore a backup from before I upgraded to 45.7? That would be before I imported LOTS of investment activity, credit card and banking transactions, etc. I do NOT want to have to reinput all of those transactions manually - if a fix to the investment problem is "soon"! I probably have at least 50 transactions that would have to be manually input if I went back to a backup prior to the upgrade to 45.7.
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Also - I read the thread on TD - I guess I am glad to hear that it is more brokerage firms that just Interactive Brokers! I have been dealing with a problem with Quicken not accepting negative commission from IB for a VERY long time!
  • rbadamspds
    Options
    useless- why cannot I open my checking account?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @jmclellan,

To answer your question above - No, you do not need to go to a backup file.  You only need to reverse the program update to an earlier version of the program.  You can then open your most recent data file and try the download process from your brokerage firm again.

Frankx

• jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Frankx - I will attempt rolling back the update after manually fixing today's transactions.

I did a chat support yesterday, and the support tech had me reinstall from the Mondo patch file, and then sign out of my quicken ID, and then back in - and then said I was "fixed"! Just did today's One Step Update - and as expected - no change whatsoever on the imported transactions! Still no share counts or prices. If I have more time to waste today, I may do support chat again, since they don't understand the problem!
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did a support call with Quicken this morning - after showing the tech the issues, he sent me a link to use to reinstall the last October update. When I opened my data file - all of the remaining unaccepted option transactions properly had the prices and quantities with them! I will be staying on October version R44.28!
  • gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jmclellan said:
    I will be staying on October version R44.28!

Do you have a link to get back to that version?
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here is the link to install older versions - I did R44.28 and working well.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was "force upgraded" to 45.11 this morning - nothing in the release notes about fixing any issues with investment transactions. I imported Friday's transactions on Saturday, so won't know whether it is fixed or broken until I have new transactions to import - maybe tomorrow. Since it forced the update though, not sure I could still go back to 44.28 again anyway?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can roll back a version any time you want or need to.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you keep it from forcing an upgrade in the first place? Or, what's to keep it from immediately forcing another upgrade after rolling it back?
  • mshiggins
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Change Windows UAC settings to prompt you before allowing changes to your computer. That will stop the majority of version updates. To stop them all, you would need a firewall rule to prevent Quicken from checking for updates.

Edit to add:
    The specific executable you want to block with a firewall rule is quickenPatch.exe.

• jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I verified this morning that R45.11 still has the issue of not showing the share counts/prices on Options. Installed R44.28 and working again.
  • gfullmer@
    gfullmer@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. The question is when will Quicken support get it fixed. I posted elsewhere about the problem and am not getting any response that shows the problem has or will be fixed.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923434
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest calling support and doing a screen share to "show" them that the share counts/prices are not coming in, and if you then install 44.28 they show up. If enough people open tickets, it will get fixed. Not sure posting it in the Community gets much attention for bugs.
  • pwwojcik
    pwwojcik Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of Nov. 29 2022 I am still having this problem. It has been going on for maybe two or three weeks. My system auto-installed a new version today but it did not resolve the issue; it still does does not have shares on transactions downloaded from Interactive Brokers....
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You can reinstall 44.28 before doing anything to manually edit your transactions, and they will be correctly displayed and ready to accept.

Here is the link to install older versions - I did R44.28 and working well.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I installed R44.28, ran One Step Update, the newly downloaded options transactions show the price and share count correctly.  However, the previously downloaded transactions that did not have such information remain so.  I need Quicken to fill in such information for those transactions.  What do I need to do?  Why does Quicken break at the most inconvenient time when we need to do tax loss harvesting and accounting at year end. I use Interactive Brokers.  Please help.  Thanks.
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You accepted them without the information? That's on you! you need to manually fill in that information using the trade history button, and choose the dates for the report that you are missing. If you accepted them that way, there is nothing Quicken can do to fix them, If you just left them unaccepted, then when you reinstall 44.28 the correct information is there.
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't accept these incomplete transactions.  They are still shown with the blue dot.  See attached below.  R44.28 didn't fix them.

Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • mshiggins
    Options
    I didn't accept these incomplete transactions.  They are still shown with the blue dot.  See attached below.  R44.28 didn't fix them.

Those are accepted transactions. 

It looks like you have the preference to automatically add investment transactions to your account register enabled.  With this preference enabled, transactions are automatically accepted, the blue dot indicates the transaction has not yet been reviewed.

• WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yes, that's how they automatically appear after One Step Update.  Can I "unaccept" or delete these incomplete transactions now and run One Step Update again to pull them from Interactive Brokers?  Would Quicken pull them again from the broker with complete information?  There are a lot of these incomplete transactions and filling in the information manually is a huge pain.  Thanks.
  • mshiggins
    Options
    Yes, that's how they automatically appear after One Step Update.  Can I delete them now and run One Step Update again to pull them from Interactive Brokers?  Would Quicken pull them again from the broker with complete information?  There are a lot of these incomplete transactions and filling in the information manually is a huge pain.  Thanks.
    Unfortunately Quicken keeps track of which transactions have been previously downloaded. So deleting the transactions and re-downloading  is not an option. 

Alternatively, you can reset the connection, but you’re likely to get a lot more repeat transactions downloaded that you’ll have to delete. 

• jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually, you can easily manually create a Quicken export file from IB account management by date, and import that into Quicken - once you have turned off the "automatically add transactions" setting (I have never had this on, so I didn't even recognize that was what it was), you can manually create the exports from IB for each date or date range, and import into Quicken. There is always so many rounding errors and manual editing due to credit commissions (Quicken changes it to positive, and doesn't round to the penny - it just cuts off at 2 digits) so that I always have to adjust so that the "amount" shown on the far right of the downloaded transaction window is matched in the register for the transaction.

If you have good transactions that you don't want or need to delete first before importing, you can easily delete them from the downloaded transaction section before they duplicate in the register.
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Since I have never allowed "Automatically add Transactions", I could not remember where the setting is - I believe that it is this section:
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried downloading the transactions manually from IB website but when I opened the downloaded file, Quicken gave me the following error:
  • Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anybody know if the R45 issue has been fixed? I reverted back to R44 and am staying there until I hear that the R45 issue has been fixed. I can't find any information on it anywhere.
  • jmclellan
    jmclellan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    was not fixed in 45.13 - still don't see any December updates - will check again when an update is released. This is getting crazy! Doesn't seem that it would be all that hard to fix!
This discussion has been closed.