Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) "the account you selected cannot contain the data you have do

Options
mitch cohen
mitch cohen Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
PenFed is acting up again and every account will not download (hasn't worked for weeks) including their credit card.  So ... when I use the download capability for a single account to create a QFX file to import, I get the following message:  "the account you selected cannot contain the data you have downloaded" ... and the import terminates without action.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mitch cohen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. 

Is this occurring within your Quicken Beta file or your regular main file?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mitch cohen
    edited July 2023
    Options

Here you go.  I normally don't do imports, but the ongoing problems with using one-step-update (and ongoing issue with no ETA reported by Quicken staff) with PenFed force me to download a QFX file and import it ... but this fails.

[Removed - Personal Information]

• mitch cohen
    Options
    Oh ... and this is using my main file and not a beta file.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mitch cohen,

Thanks for providing more information and the screenshot. 

Have you deactivated auto downloads for the PenFed accounts first? QFX will not import or link properly unless the account with which you are linking is not set for any sort of online connection. 

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mitch cohen
    Options
    Yes ... the account has no online services for weeks now (because PenFed's one-step update interface has been a failure for weeks).
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mitch cohen,

Thank you for coming back to update me. 

I suggest creating a test file and attempting to upload the QFX from PenFed to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mitch cohen
    Options
    Hi - I did test steps above and found that the QFX file import worked perfectly on the Quicken test file.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello  @mitch cohen,

Thank you for attempting that test file. 

Now, I would navigate back to your main file and ensure that you have fully deactivated online services for the Pentagon Federal Credit Union accounts before attempting to import the QFX file again. You may follow the instructions below. 

Deactivate an account

1. Select the Tools menu and select Account List
    2. In the Account List, select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit. 
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
    5. Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. Note: If you do not receive this message, additional information is available below
      • Direct Connect users: If you are deactivating a Direct Connect account, you may see an additional prompt advising you to contact your bank to cancel the Direct Connect service.

This is only recommended if you intend to deactivate an account permanently and need to contact the bank to stop any related fees.
    6. Click OK to the confirmation message.  
    7. (optional) If you do not intend to reactivate, contact your financial institution to cancel any fees they may charge for access to Quicken online services. Deactivating the account in Quicken will not normally stop the service fee.
    Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mitch cohen
    Options
    As I said, previously… This account has been deactivated… It has no online services for weeks.
  • mitch cohen
    Options
    @quicken_jasmine has not responded to my November 18th post ... is anyone at Quicken picking this up?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mitch cohen,

I would like to apologize for the delay in response. 

Next, I suggest attempting to sign out and then back into your data file and then attempting to import the QFX file again. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mitch cohen
    edited July 2023
    Options

Okay ... I followed your instructions.  This I downloaded a QFX file from PenFed from the credit card account and used the QFX import function.  Failure.  Here are the results:
    First:

[Removed - Personal Information]
    Then, after clicking OK:

Mitch

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mitch cohen,

Thanks for attempting those troubleshooting steps. 

Next, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before you started experiencing issues with attempting to import a QFX file and then attempting to import it again. You may follow this link for more information regarding how to restore from a backup. It is also advised to save a backup before proceeding. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mitch cohen
    Options
    I restored from my earliest backup available (9/2/2022) and the import failed the same was as it does with the current file.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I restored from my earliest backup available (9/2/2022) and the import failed the same was as it does with the current file.
    Hello @""mitch_cohen",  

I am sorry to hear that this issue remains even in the restored backup file. Thank you for letting us know about your results.

In this case, it will be necessary to speak with Quicken Support about what's happening. I recommend using the information provided in this link do so. They will have some additional tools and resources uniquely available to them that will be needed in order to document or diagnose this issue further. I wish we could provide further assistance, but this represents the best path forward, given the circumstances. 

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.