Quicken extremely slow and taking up to 28% of CPU

Options
Lapras
Lapras Member
Help! Quicken has become unbearably slow. Task manager shows it peaking at 28% of CPU.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lapras said:
    Help! Quicken has become unbearably slow. Task manager shows it peaking at 28% of CPU.
    What's Quicken doing at the time of "peaking at 28% of CPU"? One Step Update processing data for all your Express Web Connect - connected accounts? Something else?

• Lapras
    Lapras Member
    Options
    That peak is when opening or switching accounts. But even when I try to type entries it is around 6-8 and I'm unable to type at a normal speed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first thing I would try is uninstall and installing Quicken.  If that doesn't correct the problem this might be the problem:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923154/slowdowns-and-not-enough-memory-to-proceed-errors
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • QWnotMuchLonger
    Options
    Remember how Quicken used to work prior to 2022? When you would activate/deactivate an account to be able to download transactions again after a SNAFU, it wouldn't go back and update your beginning balance without telling you. I spent hours trying to reconcile several months ago. I would not have discovered this had I not had a backup to bring up and compare to understand why I could no longer reconcile. Quicken has done this several times to my balances. Now, I keep an untouched copy on another computer that I can bring up when I need to UN-update the initial balance that Quicken decided to adjust without telling me. My point: the code that has worked well for years appears to have been "upgraded" to "fix" situations that it thinks is a problem. Unfortunately, some of the upgrades have been at the cost of the basic reliable functionality Quicken used to provide, as well as these performance issues. I initially thought the performance issues were related to the updates, but I don't have to be updating at all to experience these same "slow" issues. Quicken used to save time, but these days, I'm waiting on Quicken instead of it waiting on me.
  • Ross
    Ross Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been noticing the same CPU usage and wait times when typing for several weeks. I cannot even type a manual transaction without waiting for each letter to show up.
This discussion has been closed.