When do I Renew my Subscription?

I have an activation code. Should I wait until the end of my current subscription to apply it.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can use your activation code anytime within the last 6 months of your current subscription.  Your suscription end date will be extended by 12 months (or whatever the length of your new subscription purchase is).  

What you want to make sure to do is to use the activation code before it expires.  Activation codes have an expiration date that is 2 yrs (or less) after the date that you purchased it.  That expiration date should be on the documentation you got or on the CD case (if you bought a CD).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    retird said:
    Hey guys and gals.... I just purchased a retail version of Q Premier to renew my subscription. I have 109 days left on my current subscription. Before I add the new activation code I thought it best to chat with Q. I just got off a chat with Q. They said if I activate now I will lose the 109 days..... and this discussion says I will not lose the 109 days.  Which is it?????

Also how can I find out when the new activation code was generated and when will it expire as I read the code does expire 2 years after it is generated but I have no idea when it was generated, how long the retail version has set on the shelf at Q, or how long it set on the retailer's shelf before selling...

Just wanting a solid, for sure answer .... THX
    If the Chat person understood that you are within the last 6 months of your current subscription and that you have Premier and want to extend that with a retail Premier activation code, then that Chat person gave you some bad information.  Here is what Quicken.com says (yellow highlighting is mine).:
    This picture was taken from this Support Article which you can read through if you wish:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription.
    If this isn't sufficient to convince you then you might want to try contacting Quicken Support, again, via Phone or Chat.  Maybe this time you will get a better answer.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    You can use your activation code anytime within the last 6 months of your current subscription.  Your suscription end date will be extended by 12 months (or whatever the length of your new subscription purchase is).  

What you want to make sure to do is to use the activation code before it expires.  Activation codes have an expiration date that is 2 yrs (or less) after the date that you purchased it.  That expiration date should be on the documentation you got or on the CD case (if you bought a CD).

• Boatnmaniac
    DocGer said:

Gee...why so defensive?

You had accused me of providing incorrect information which not true.  I was simply pointing this out.

DocGer said:

And, I think you're wrong about the "2000 and earlier time period".

Perhaps you mean 2020 and earlier?  

You are correct....I meant 2020, not 2000.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I corrected that typo.

DocGer said:

Also, there have been numerous posts on here where Quicken Inc did NOT cooperate with expired activation codes without the proper purchase documentation.  

Yes, I should have added that when contacting Quicken Support regarding an expired activation code when the expiration date was not marked on the CD packaging or in the dowload documentation, the purchase documentation does need to be provided.  The non-cooperation from Quicken Support on getting the expired activation code replaced with a new one, from what I have seen, occurs when the person does not or cannot provide the purchase documentation.  I would be surprised if Quicken Support would ever agree to provide a new activation code without the purchase documentation.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys and gals.... I just purchased a retail version of Q Premier to renew my subscription. I have 109 days left on my current subscription. Before I add the new activation code I thought it best to chat with Q. I just got off a chat with Q. They said if I activate now I will lose the 109 days..... and this discussion says I will not lose the 109 days.  Which is it?????

Also how can I find out when the new activation code was generated and when will it expire as I read the code does expire 2 years after it is generated but I have no idea when it was generated, how long the retail version has set on the shelf at Q, or how long it set on the retailer's shelf before selling...

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    retird said:

If the Chat person understood that you are within the last 6 months of your current subscription and that you have Premier and want to extend that with a retail Premier activation code, then that Chat person gave you some bad information.  Here is what Quicken.com says (yellow highlighting is mine).:
    This picture was taken from this Support Article which you can read through if you wish:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription.
    If this isn't sufficient to convince you then you might want to try contacting Quicken Support, again, via Phone or Chat.  Maybe this time you will get a better answer.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    THX for the reply.  Yep, I told the Chat guy that I had 109 days left and he even posted the same as you highlighted above but then said I would lose 109 days if I activated and I should wait until a day or two before expiration to activate. Sounded like double speak so I asked here.  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    End of story:

Quicken Chat of yesterday said I would lose my 109 days if I activated the new subscription and to wait.  Comments here said I would not lose them according to the highlighted info above.  

Contacted Quicken Support by phone and was told I definitely would not lose the days left on my current subscription since I had only 108 days left now.

Activated from within my Quicken and did not lose the days. 

• Boatnmaniac
    retird said:
    End of story:

Quicken Chat of yesterday said I would lose my 109 days if I activated the new subscription and to wait.  Comments here said I would not lose them according to the highlighted info above.  

Contacted Quicken Support by phone and was told I definitely would not lose the days left on my current subscription since I had only 108 days left now.

Activated from within my Quicken and did not lose the days. 
    Thanks for posting this back here.  It's good to get confirmation of this.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Off topic but:

Am glad I called Quicken support and after the conversation and activation I received an e-mail  Not a big deal but what I read in the e-mail was a pleasant suprise to me.  I was informed about important changes in my Quicken Account.  I read the e-mail and then came back here to Google and see if there were any discussions about these important changes but found no discussion.  I copy and paste part of the e-mail here to see if someone can elaborate on this...

COPY AND PASTE with dates and link to my account omitted:

We have successfully processed your request to change your Quicken membership plan. You have an active membership to Quicken Premier that will end automatically on (omitted).

Membership: Premier
    End Date: (omitted)

Get Started with Quicken Support
    Your new Quicken Premier membership includes access to Quicken Premium Care where the average customer wait time is less than 1 minute. To learn more and access your exclusive Premium Care number please visit "my account".

• Boatnmaniac
    retird said:
    Off topic but:

Am glad I called Quicken support and after the conversation and activation I received an e-mail  Not a big deal but what I read in the e-mail was a pleasant suprise to me.  I was informed about important changes in my Quicken Account.  I read the e-mail and then came back here to Google and see if there were any discussions about these important changes but found no discussion.  I copy and paste part of the e-mail here to see if someone can elaborate on this...

COPY AND PASTE with dates and link to my account omitted:

We have successfully processed your request to change your Quicken membership plan. You have an active membership to Quicken Premier that will end automatically on (omitted).

Membership: Premier
    End Date: (omitted)

Get Started with Quicken Support
    Your new Quicken Premier membership includes access to Quicken Premium Care where the average customer wait time is less than 1 minute. To learn more and access your exclusive Premium Care number please visit "my account".

Premium Support for Premier and Home & Business subscribers is not new.  It's been a benefit for a number of years. 

The only thing it really does is that when you do call in you will be put to the front of the queue so you don't have to wait as long to get help.  You will still be talking to the same Quicken Support team. 
    To get the Premium Support you will need to call a different phone number from the general Quicken Support phone number listed in Quicken.com.  To get that different phone number: Log into your Quicken.com account and call the number listed there.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Yep already got the new number before I posted last... Been renewing Q Premium for years and never got an e-mail saying what this e-mail said... "Important changes in my account".....

This discussion has been closed.